ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Bowl Game Thread

Does Riley make a change at half? I say no way he will. I know he feels like Hurts deserves it and probably does but this may get really bad in the 2nd half
What could he do ? I've never seen a defensive breakdown in a big-major CF game - especially when these are suppose to be 2 of the 4 top teams.

What could he do ? I've never seen a defensive breakdown in a big-major CF game - especially when these are suppose to be 2 of the 4 top teams.

This is not OU football and has not been for a long time, this is a Texas Tech offense with a Texas Tech defense to match.
Built for winning the Big12 but not much else.
Riley and Grinch have a lot of work to do to get this Program another National Title.
A LOT OF WORK.

LSU looked hard at what we do on Offense and incorporated it into their Offense and are doing it better than we ever have. Of course they are doing it with better players and an actual defense that can stop opposing teams.
Murray would not have fared any better than Hurts has, see Bama last year.

Halftime over, let the beatdown continue.

LSU looked hard at what we do on Offense and incorporated it into their Offense and are doing it better than we ever have. Of course they are doing it with better players and an actual defense that can stop opposing teams.
Murray would not have fared any better than Hurts has, see Bama last year.

Halftime over, let the beatdown continue.
Yeah but Burrow is pretty special. They'll realize how special he was next year

Reactions: iasooner1
Lincoln has once again been embarrassed on the national stage and at some point it needs to addressed as to why. Is it his approach to getting ready, is it the players or is it that LSU is just so much better.

whatever the answer is we are going to see OU receive much criticism and it will be deserved.

Lincoln has once again been embarrassed on the national stage and at some point it needs to addressed as to why. Is it his approach to getting ready, is it the players or is it that LSU is just so much better.

whatever the answer is we are going to see OU receive much criticism and it will be deserved.

I think he is in over his head. Good OC but not a great HC. We also need to do a better job recruiting, we don't have the studs to play with these other playoff teams.
I think Bob retired for a reason, he saw the writing on the wall and wanted to go out on his terms.
Grinch gets a pass as he has only had one year with this defense but Riley does not. His offenses get shut down easily when we actually play someone.

All of the proclamations about how the defense was so much better rings hollow now.
OU does not emphasize defense now and Grinch, even if he proves able to incorporate championship caliber defense, looks to have several more years to achieve it.

This is embarrassing. We are just going to go through the motions for the next quarter and a half, dying a slow death LOL. Riley should be embarrassed for this performance. Hurts had a good year but in the end it's kind of ending the way a lot of fans were hoping it wouldn't be but probably expected it would.

Jalen is a good guy I'm sure but he's been a big reason for what will be a forgettable season. I regret him coming here. We would have been better with Rattler taking his lumps in the long run.

Reactions: Desert DAC
Looking forward to next year. If this don't light a fire under Riley and Grinch nothing will.

Actually Riley reminds me a lot of Mike Leach just not as much of a space cadet. Doesn’t seem to get too excited or overly vocal regarding defensive woes. A lot smoother than Leach but definitely of the same mind offensively.

Kind of what I expected it would be.
Thought we would play better and lsu pull away in second half but not surprised at how it played out in the first half.
Reminds me a lot of last year vs bama.

We just aint ready for the playoffs.
If I were Joe C I would chew some butt after this embarrasment but hey they won the Big 12 again yay!

Kind of what I expected it would be.
Thought we would play better and lsu pull away in second half but not surprised at how it played out in the first half.
Reminds me a lot of last year vs bama.

We just aint ready for the playoffs.
If I were Joe C I would chew some butt after this embarrasment but hey they won the Big 12 again yay!

Boise State wins just about as many conference championships as OU. Just saying.

All of the proclamations about how the defense was so much better rings hollow now. OU does not emphasize defense and plays in an arena football league.

No the evidence in change still speaks for itself. Suspensions and injury really hurt today but Grinch has to answer for his cowardly play calling today.

All of the proclamations about how the defense was so much better rings hollow now. OU does not emphasize defense and plays in an arena football league.
Indeed, and might I add, "a very weak arena league". Since Stoops' arrival, 2013 and 2014 were the only two consecutive seasons that OU did not win at least a share of the conference title. That says more about the league than it does about OU.

Last edited:
No shame in losing to the number 1 team. We were not supposed to win and it played out like most said it would, most Sooner Fans knew what kind of team we had and I doubt any Sooner Fan would say we had a legit shot.
We squeaked by some pretty bad teams and lost to another. We saw what everyone else saw in this team, we just aint very good, we have a long way to go before we can compete for a National Title and thats been obvious for a while now. Hope these Coaches see what it takes and I hope getting embarrassed like this makes them hungry to get it done.

I think he is in over his head. Good OC but not a great HC. We also need to do a better job recruiting, we don't have the studs to play with these other playoff teams.
I think Bob retired for a reason, he saw the writing on the wall and wanted to go out on his terms.
Grinch gets a pass as he has only had one year with this defense but Riley does not. His offenses get shut down easily when we actually play someone.
I think Riley's offense is better suited for a Mayfield or Murray type who were real similar to Burrow in that they could process info quickly, step up into the pocket and improvise, Hurts is really still what he was at Bama, kind of a one look guy and if it's not there he gets antsy. He seemed to me that he had opportunities to step up in the pocket and make some passes today but he just doesn't feel comfortable doing it I guess.

Well my bell is still ringing even if it ringing hollow to you, it isn't to me. We played out of our league tonight. When you face a NFL caliber OC that aggressivley attacks your weakest position of your defense this type of loss occurs with above average defenses. Tonight's defense after suspensions, and injuries was below average. DTY's injury proved way too large for this defense. To put it nicely, his replacement Broiles pretty much sucked it up all night long. In fact it had LSU WR Jefferson standing in the end zone counting TDs. His future should be limited going forward. It was the worst performance of a DB I've witnessed by an OU player.

I also recognize that this type of loss stings. Frustrated fans to say things are bad and to openly post it but the fact is this defense has improved over last year. It isn't National Championship caliber, in fact, it's far from it. But it is so much better than last year. It just isn't near enough especially when the offense's production takes a nose dive. You're right about one thing though, it's going to take a couple of years to improve. Afterall, it took several years for MStoops to muck it up.

Well my bell is still ringing even if it ringing hollow to you, it isn't to me. We played out of our league tonight. When you face a NFL caliber OC that aggressivley attacks your weakest position of your defense this type of loss occurs with above average defenses. Tonight's defense after suspensions, and injuries was below average. DTY's injury proved way too large for this defense. To put it nicely, his replacement Broiles pretty much sucked it up all night long. In fact it had LSU WR Jefferson standing in the end zone counting TDs. His future should be limited going forward. It was the worst performance of a DB I've witnessed by an OU player.

I also recognize that this type of loss stings. Frustrated fans to say things are bad and to openly post it but the fact is this defense has improved over last year. It isn't National Championship caliber, in fact, it's far from it. But it is so much better than last year. It just isn't near enough especially when the offense's production takes a nose dive. You're right about one thing though, it's going to take a couple of years to improve. Afterall, it took several years for MStoops to muck it up.

I really can't see how anyone can say this years defense is so much better than last seasons. Last year we actually played pretty well in the big 12 championship and, believe it or not, looked better against Bama than this D did against LSU. I'd say they improved a little but not by a lot. The stats also had a lot to do with who we were playing

A lot of blame goes to Mike Stoops and Bob Stoops for allowing the defensive side of the ball to get so bad. It has cost us dearly.
Hopefully Grinch can continue to make progress in that area and we can get to where we want to be. Aint gonna happen in one season and we need to be patient.

Ya;ll just getting a dose of it compared what we got a Texas this yr..we have been embarrassed all yr long since the LSU game...next yr be here before ya know it..Nice effort Sooners! despite all the injuries and other things..

Clemson, Ohio State and LSU were the only elite teams in college football this season. Had Utah or Oregon finished with 1 loss and got the nod over OU there fate would have been no different than OU's. The 4th best team is probably Alabama or one of the other teams from the Sec west.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
There is showing defensive improvement within the Big 12 Conference schedule. (Apples)
Then there is showing up in a CFB playoff....or any bowl game....with a defense that can give OU a chance to win. (Oranges)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT