ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 out of CFP PLAYOFFS and hopefully

rkhufu7

Walk-on candidate
Aug 28, 2002
Stanford will KO Notre Dame and make it a 4 league race with the ONE loss Big 12 champ making the field. It don't matter what seed you get as long as you are top 4 and ready to go IMO.

Yep. No PAC team in the playoffs this year, and Stanford's loss helps OU's cause in that a ND win against a 2 loss Stanford team isn't nearly as impressive had Stanford only had one loss coming into their game with the Domers.

The only fly in the ointment is how the CFP committee rates two one loss teams. OU runs through Baylor, TCU and OSU while losing to Texas. Notre Dame loses only to the #1 team Clemson and beats the crap out of Texas. The licker may be how the politics of having a Clemson - Notre Dame rematch plays into the committee's decision. I wouldn't think that would be desirable. Football fans would vote for teams that haven't already played each other, IMO. I damn sure would. LOL

OU now is a better team than OU vs UT and ND is good, but a late loss will get them. Stanford can get them.

I don't know, I've heard more than one learned scribe say that if it came down to Notre Dame vs OU, OU would get the nod for the initial playoff quad because our brand name is a little stronger right now, simply on the strength of we've been more relevant in recent years than has the Domers...

Their words, not mine, although I wholeheartedly agree...in spades.

Addendum: Lest we all forget this whole thing is driven by TV ratings...IE money.
Come on, you think it was from wishing on a star we played Bama in the Sugar Bowl?
Eh, right...

OU sells massive amounts of GMC pickups and a shocking amount of feminine hygiene products.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT