ADVERTISEMENT

Outsider perspective of this team's mental makeup

jwall2

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
Heaven
During fall camp , I asked Carey Murdock what he thought about this team's attitude as he could tell compared to past dominate stoops' teams..... he gave me a non specific answer "it's not like the early 2000's teams".... the reason I bring this up is I've read a ton about how the x's and o's haven't been good enough from our coordinators over the last half decade, or at least since the 2008 national title appearance but i asked that question because I've felt for a while now that OU's biggest problems are related to the culture change and lack of leadership since taking hold of the program since 2008 ....

While I agree with you all about the x's and o's sentiment to a degree and have attempted to clarify said deficiencies in other posts, I think something that has been extremely overlooked is the leadership and mental makeup of our teams ....

I could sit here and detail every time players over the years have called out fans like Zach Sanchez did this weekend but I think by these players doing these actions it gives a clear sign of mental weakness....

Bob's teams have become soft, weak, uninspired and complacent demonstrated no more clearly by his players uninspired play week in and week out... the last game we played with "anything to prove" just happens to be the sugar bowl crutch against bama, .. the attitude by these players, the body language they present on and off the field on saturday and their clear inability to improve week in and week out leaves me little doubt that they don't trust the coaches, don't trust themselves and lack the hunger it takes to win a national title....

In the immortal words of Julius to Gary Berteer "attitude reflect leadership, captain". I believe in the actions speak louder than words point of view and with the only way to measure our team is by their play on the field and the smoke screen they give us in social media and press , I think it's a clear sign of things to come, and why we need new leadership to fix the culture at OU..... if you don't believe me go listen to player interviews and media sessions from years past at OU or with Alabama players and how physical they play every game. That use to be OU. The days of no excuses has long since passed and I think these players attitude is a direct reflection on bob stoops...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.