ADVERTISEMENT

Our future QB

Chuuuuck

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2013
In the poll, and any other time it was asked, I always leaned towards saying our QB this year would be Knight or Thomas. Both scholarship QBs who were highly touted out of HS. I thought one of them would have the more talent and be able to get the job done. I also thought the Mayfield love was unwarranted. Hasn't shown he could do anything. Just the "most popular player on the team is the backup QB." Ya, he had some good games at Tech, but he folded when the competition got tough.

Well, I say all of that, to say this, I now think my previous opinion was wrong. If I had to vote again today, it would be for Mayfield. I have been told by someone who would know, and saw him running scout team all last year that "he is the real deal." Went on to glow about him that he could be a very special QB and one of the best in the Big XII. Said he just has that intensity and passion and will do anything to win. Went on to say "think Jason White."

I think we have things to be excited about on both sides of the ball this upcoming year. With the new hires we have, I think this team could be closer to living up to last years expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News