ADVERTISEMENT

OU women's hoops thumps West Virginia 73-49 in Morgantown.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
These girls are starting to be fun to watch.

Before tonight, WVU was undefeated in the conference and undefeated at home for the season. The game was tied after the 1st, and then Robertson started getting a lot of good looks, and for most of the night, West Virginia couldn't throw it in the ocean from the pier. They scored 49, a dozen of it after Sherri emptied her bench in the 4th quarter. Both Lampkin and WIlliams fouled out before the tv time out in the 4th period, but it didn't matter.

Robertson scored a career high 31, and I believe made 8 treys (8-18). And OU rebounded with the larger, more athletic Mountaineers, who shot only 24% from the field. Williams had 15. Simpson sat with early foul trouble, and scored only 2. But she had 11 rebounds against a front line that has dominated much of the season, especially in Morgantown.

Gregory has given the Sooners another quality player on a team that is getting better weekly. This team has a great chance to make the NCAA tournament. They've already won at two of the five toughest places to win in the conference, and with no seniors on the roster, they are getting better, and learning how to play like a team.

I watched the game on the WVU website, and they were sound, smart and looked better than anytime in the last two seasons

Reactions: bullmarket
The comeback at Stillwater was one for the ages. 16-1 run to win the game. The West Virginia win is a good one and will build confidence. Still though I think back to the Baylor game and that shows me how far we have to go to be elite and not just mid level Big 12 team. Pleasantly surprised so far though.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT