ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs WVU Game thread

Trabor said it best. (Paraphrased) For years, the Sooners had a good offense but poor defense. Now they have a good defense but poor offense. Put any of those former offenses together with this defense, you've really got a heck of a football team.

Riley seems to do better with transfer QB's vs the one he recruited. I have never been impressed with Rattle and I am still waiting to see what some think he is. As far as I am concerned he should be benched. Play Caleb and let Rattler go count his money. He better be saving some of it though as his stock is dropping with each game.
I also believe our O line is terrible and not doing him any favors but he likes to throw into triple coverage too much when other guys are open.
Lack of a running game is shameful. And how does a program like OU not have a stable of stud RB's?
And I think our walk on RB is the leading rusher on the team? Thats not saying much tho.
WV knew coming in we couldn't run the ball as will others we will play soon. Eventually our luck will run out and its inevitable unless major changes are seen soon this team may lose 3 or 4 games.
Only team in the top 25 that wins but plays so poorly we drop in the polls. 😁

The Ship hasn't sunk but its taking on a lot of water.

Team has one good thing about it. It is 4-0.

We keep buying time to get things fixed. On to the little apple with a chance to get to 5-0.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Riley better figure it out. If he wants to avoid a qb controversy now, what happens when Rattler returns next year, and Williams is expecting to be the starter.

Riley better figure it out. If he wants to avoid a qb controversy now, what happens when Rattler returns next year, and Williams is expecting to be the starter.
I cannot tell (yet) if it is LR's ego -or- he is too close to his quarterbacks. But Caleb Williams should have played last night.

I get the oline had some issues last night but I believe that is the best defense in the Big 12, and one of the better ones in the nation. They force the issue and make you uncomfortable.

None of it matters until Rattler gets his confidence back and comes off his first read. That play where Stoops was wide open but he forces it to his first read that was covered is just one of many examples.

Even though Spencer was perfect and composed on the last drive (and the O-line avoided penalties) to get the walk off win, the game ball has to go to the WV center

Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
Caleb Williams might not be the remedy at QB if the o-line and receiving corps continue to stagnate during Rattler's sleep walking performances.
And the defense is good, but is being overworked due to the offensive regression.
If Texas gets off to a good start against OU, I can see the Horns running up the score while holding OU under 21 points. Rattler can get better only if the other offensive players around him get better, and I don't see that happening.

Better get Caleb some snaps. Rattler is in some bizarro world. He may not snap out of this funk.
Yeah for the very hope that he’ll be ready in the RRS if needed. I doubt Riley’s going to bring in a true freshman in the RRS without any meaningful snaps prior to that, hope I’m wrong. Other than the goal line package he has for Williams

We're gonna get a heavy dose of Bijan in RRS. You better believe horn is gonna try to embarrass OU with this cat. #5 is the real deal. Imo.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT