ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Texas

Belldozer1

Sooner starter
Aug 20, 2014
Anyone hoping for changes on the D side, put your hope on hold. Here's your Captains for the RRS. Deshaun White I can understand.
3pgewKy.png

As I understand, both teams are wearing home uniforms. What does that mean? No idea. OU and Texas have met 12 times when both were unranked. OU is 2-10 in those 12 games. OU is currently a 6.5 underdog. I'm taking OU 41-38.
You have OU scoring 41 points. Is that with or without Gabriel?

I just want the game to be competitive if OU loses. You can bet UT will run up the score if they can.

My heart say we see a solid effort out of OU and somehow OU wins 24-20.

my common sense or reality says Tx 41-16.

As a Texas fan that's what I've been doing the last several years. Kind of decided I've only got about a decade left where I can launch the boat and manage the whole thing before I'm too old. Texas has been so bad I just decided it was better to just fish. I watched the night games and fished the day games.
Gets better with age. Some things are more important. 😁

I’m shocked that Texas is only favored by 6.5 points.
It's now -7. The money is going on Texas. Some notes of interest. OU ranks dead last in the Big XII in about every defensive category imaginable. We rank 3rd in rushing yards per game behind KSU and TCU. We rank 7th in passing yards the game. Only KU, KSU and Baylor rank below OU. BV needs to let the genie out of the bottle. Bijan Robinson could run a track meet on Saturday if we don't get better stopping the run. It starts up front. Hopefully a 4 man front.

It's now -7. The money is going on Texas. Some notes of interest. OU ranks dead last in the Big XII in about every defensive category imaginable. We rank 3rd in rushing yards per game behind KSU and TCU. We rank 7th in passing yards the game. Only KU, KSU and Baylor rank below OU. BV needs to let the genie out of the bottle. Bijan Robinson could run a track meet on Saturday if we don't get better stopping the run. It starts up front. Hopefully a 4 man front.
Depressing

If it goes to 7 1/2, I might just have to make a wager on the Sooners. Anyone remember in 2013 when OU was a 14 point favorite over Texas? Their starting QB, Davis Ash was out with a concussion and most people thought OU would win in a cakewalk. Case McCoy thought otherwise.

I just want the game to be competitive if OU loses. You can bet UT will run up the score if they can.

My heart say we see a solid effort out of OU and somehow OU wins 24-20.

my common sense or reality says Tx 41-16.

This. I think everybody needs to be prepared for the fact that we're likely to get run off the field this Sat. TX will come out of the tunnel with murder in their eyes, knowing they have a chance to even up the score for some of the really nasty beat downs we've put on them in recent history. I hate to say it but it looks to me like they are better than us on both sides of the ball this year.

I think BV will get us there, but that he doesn't have a lot to work with this year.

If it goes to 7 1/2, I might just have to make a wager on the Sooners. Anyone remember in 2013 when OU was a 14 point favorite over Texas? Their starting QB, Davis Ash was out with a concussion and most people thought OU would win in a cakewalk. Case McCoy thought otherwise.
Yeah what a horrible game, I would have bet everything on the Sooners, good thing I didn't. Is that the year Ceiling Case was born and he got sent home from their bowl game along with their stud linebacker for "watching" the linebacker and some girl without the girl's knowledge?
qHHovta.jpg

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Here's another one that is interesting with Case. Here he is as a guest of Texas in his senior year watching his brother play and appearing overly emotional

Yeah what a horrible game, I would have bet everything on the Sooners, good thing I didn't. Is that the year Ceiling Case was born and he got sent home from their bowl game along with their stud linebacker for "watching" the linebacker and some girl without the girl's knowledge?
qHHovta.jpg
Yes, Case was spanking Hank whilst watching his teammate go to poundtown in an obscure Holiday Inn downtown San Antonio. Unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: Belldozer1
With or without. I'm not sure Gabriel gives us the best chance to win. I think Lebby has a preconceived notion that Gabriel does. I hope we see Nick Evers on Saturday. Running and gunning. We have Arnold coming in behind Evers so a redshirt lacks a strategy that we need at this point in the season.
I’m thinking Evers will play Saturday regardless if he starts. And he will be turned loose.

This. I think everybody needs to be prepared for the fact that we're likely to get run off the field this Sat. TX will come out of the tunnel with murder in their eyes, knowing they have a chance to even up the score for some of the really nasty beat downs we've put on them in recent history. I hate to say it but it looks to me like they are better than us on both sides of the ball this year.

I think BV will get us there, but that he doesn't have a lot to work with this year.
BV's just getting started my man. 👍

Reactions: Belldozer1
I’m thinking Evers will play Saturday regardless if he starts. And he will be turned loose.
If Jaden Davis starts it will not surprise me one bit if Sark lines Worthy up on him the first play and throws the exact same short pass that Worthy took to the house last year, I think on the 1st play last year? Also if Ewers is playing I’d go RPO and deep right off the bat if I’m Texas

McCoy gets WAY too much credit for that game. He made a couple of throws, but the biggest factor for them offensively was their running game. Jordan Phillips & Corey Nelson were both out, so OU was weak in the front 7 that day. Opie (UT OC at that time) smelled blood, ran Gray & Brown until their tongues were hanging out & put up over 250 on the ground in that one.

You should by now those stats don't translate to anything in this game

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT