ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs OSU Bedlam Game thread

This may be the worse 9 win team in OU history. Doesn’t feel like we won that many.
I can't think of an exception, but I think it's mainly due to a patchwork offensive line, a freshman quarterback replacing one who was thought to be a Heisman candidate, poor coverage and tackling and a team that, as a whole, was unfocused and undisciplined....tonight was a graphic example of all of this.
This team was never a playoff team in my opinion.
And this was an ugly game to watch.

totally agree. Coaches are learning how to handle Riley. Hell Tulane, Kansas etc damn near beat us, something is not right, probably time for new blood at some levels. Riley has no answer for 8 man drops and 3 man fronts lol. Pathetic

Horrible. Get out of here Riley. You have the acumien of a child GTFU outta and rebuild you dunce.

I can't think of an exception, but I think it's mainly due to a patchwork offensive line, a freshman quarterback replacing one who was thought to be a Heisman candidate, poor coverage and tackling and a team that, as a whole, was unfocused and undisciplined....tonight was a graphic example of all of this.
This team was never a playoff team in my opinion.
Ya OU just isn't as good this year. The entire season has pretty much been teetering on disaster. Caleb Williams has become extremely frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Oklabama
Officiating was pretty one sided, but whatever. GG little bubba. Too bad that offense isn't going to win **** after the CCG.

And, I bet we beat them by three touchdowns in norman next year. Without the benefit of the zebras helping.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Bye LR we knew your howdy doody golly getz approach was about to collapse. May as well folded after Grays muffed punt you asshole a genius you are not!!

9 point lead, you have a 5 star QB several 5 star WR, a 1000 yr rusher who avg, 7 yards a carry in the first half. You woould think you could at least match the other offense point for point and win, but not in Riley's offense.

Reactions: Belldozer1
That game was very winnable, we just cocked it all up.

FFQUbc9XIAYdMDd

9 point lead, you have a 5 star QB several 5 star WR, a 1000 yr rusher who avg, 7 yards a carry in the first half. You woould think you could at least match the other offense point for point and win, but not in Riley's offense.
OU doesn't know how to put teams away. They squandered a lot of opportunities when they were up 33 to 24

Guys, we're fine, and LR is fine.

We're going to a nice bowl, and between now and Jan 1st, the team will get exactly what it needs - a lot of practice.

This is a very talented roster on both sides of the ball. It just needs to be developed, and I think Riley and Grinch will get it done.

Reactions: Soonerborn59

We're going to a nice bowl, and between now and Jan 1st, the team will get exactly what it needs - a lot of practice.

This is a very talented roster on both sides of the ball. It just needs to be developed, and I think Riley and Grinch will get it done.
We are going to a nice bowl?????

I can't say for sure, but I would venture a guess that when your offense scores zero points in the second half, you aren't going to win many big games, poor officiating or not.

We are going to a nice bowl?????

That's what happens when you have a true freshman QB making his sixth start.

It's why you don't see a lot of true freshman winning the heisman and stuff. It takes a little while for QBs to develop. Just like Mayfield, and just like Murray, who both were not great as Freshman.

LR is an excellent coach, but he can't go out on the field and execute the plays too. The reason the offense struggled is because CW struggled to execute the offense.

But he will get better. You can see that he has all the talent in the world. I wonder just a little if he has it between the ears, but I think he probably does.

I know it's frustrating to just "go to a nice bowl", but you can't go to the CFB every year (unless your AL).

they are so close. I bet several players skip the bowl game

It's why you don't see a lot of true freshman winning the heisman and stuff. It takes a little while for QBs to develop. Just like Mayfield, and just like Murray, who both were not great as Freshman.

LR is an excellent coach, but he can't go out on the field and execute the plays too. The reason the offense struggled is because CW struggled to execute the offense.

But he will get better. You can see that he has all the talent in the world. I wonder just a little if he has it between the ears, but I think he probably does.

I know it's frustrating to just "go to a nice bowl", but you can't go to the CFB every year (unless your AL).
I agree.....I'm just not calling the Alamo a nice bowl. I like Williams but he does have a lot of improving to do.

what about Rattler he didnt improve under Riley this year.

what about Rattler he didnt improve under Riley this year.

I am probably the only poster here that said Rattler was all hype. I still believe that.
Caleb didn't play his last yr in HS and then was thrown to the wolves during the texass game and pulled out the win, he has potential and talent but needs more time before we see what he can really do.
I have also heard Ole Miss might go after Rattler if he enters the TP. Corral at OM will likely leave and opt out of their Bowl Game.
If Riley goes to lsu would he want Rattler to transfer and be his QB?

I am probably the only poster here that said Rattler was all hype. I still believe that.
Caleb didn't play his last yr in HS and then was thrown to the wolves during the texass game and pulled out the win, he has potential and talent but needs more time before we see what he can really do.
I have also heard Ole Miss might go after Rattler if he enters the TP. Corral at OM will likely leave and opt out of their Bowl Game.
If Riley goes to lsu would he want Rattler to transfer and be his QB?
Riley stated in the post-game that he isn't going to be the next coach at LSU.

Riley stated in the post-game that he isn't going to be the next coach at LSU.

I know they always say that. He may be truthful about it I don't know. I remember too many other Coaches have said the same thing when asked that question about leaving a School.
There have been many and being a Dolphin fan I remember Saban saying that when he was HC at Miami, next day he landed in Tuscaloosa and was introduced as the new HC at Bama.

Rattler, will be transferring to ASU! Just a hunch.... he needs to re-invent himself and what better conference that the PAC-12 to do that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT