ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Nebraska 18 Sept...

Most likely not; with my mobility issues my days of massive walking are pretty much done, sadly.
I made it to and from close proximity to the gate at the Kyler game in Lames 9/18 and baked in the 90 degree sun and had to be dragged up to the shade at halftime for the rest of the contest

Last edited:
Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Most likely not; with my mobility issues my days of massive walking are pretty much done, sadly.
I made it to and from close proximity to the gate at the Kyler game in Lames 9/18 and baked in the 90 degree sun and had to be dragged up to the shade at halftime for the rest of the contest
Very sorry to hear this. This should be a solid jam packed crowd...like the TCU game a few years ago.

How going to the Big Ten could affect OU’s recruiting is a concern. While Oklahoma shares a border with Texas, unlike Nebraska, I do not believe too many Texas boys want to play too far from home and in colder temperatures in mid to late November.
OU is sitting on top of a rich recruiting area in Texas and I would believe joining the SEC would open up recruiting in the deep South and even enhance its recruiting nationwide.
And not that it’s important to anyone any more, geographically it makes more sense to join the SEC.

How going to the Big Ten could affect OU’s recruiting is a concern. While Oklahoma shares a border with Texas, unlike Nebraska, I do not believe too many Texas boys want to play too far from home and in colder temperatures in mid to late November.
OU is sitting on top of a rich recruiting area in Texas and I would believe joining the SEC would open up recruiting in the deep South and even enhance its recruiting nationwide.
And not that it’s important to anyone any more, geographically it makes more sense to join the SEC.
It would be absolutely stupid for OU to even consider a move to the Big Ten. It's a lot easier for their families to come watch them play in the Big 12 or in the SEC. A move to the SEC helps the football program and in my opinion the other programs that the Sooners offer.

SEC has 14 teams now. To logically make it work at 16 teams it would necessary to play 7 teams in your division and four from the "eastern". This would eliminate OOC games or add games to the regular season. Conference Champ Game would make it 12 in conference games. If the playoffs go to 12 teams the season could be 16 games with no OOC games.

SEC has 14 teams now. To logically make it work at 16 teams it would necessary to play 7 teams in your division and four from the "eastern". This would eliminate OOC games or add games to the regular season. Conference Champ Game would make it 12 in conference games. If the playoffs go to 12 teams the season could be 16 games with no OOC games.
Alabama’s regular season games only include 8 games so I don’t see adding two more teams increasing the regular conference games more than one.

I was on the sidelines for the GOTC. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a ticket, and hopefully catch up with at least a few players that weekend. Just saw some upper deck tickets for $190 per. I never paid over face for tickets in Norman, but I will probably have to for this game. I won't mind. I really hope to go.

I was on the sidelines for the GOTC. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a ticket, and hopefully catch up with at least a few players that weekend. Just saw some upper deck tickets for $190 per. I never paid over face for tickets in Norman, but I will probably have to for this game. I won't mind. I really hope to go.
I am told there will be a function on Friday afternoon/evening for ex-players and high tiered Sooner Club donors. No mention of where and when yet. If you have access to Joe Washington's team that would be a good place to start.

Last edited:
I am told there will be a function on Friday afternoon/evening for ex-players and high tiered Sooner Club donors. No mention of where and when yet. If you have access to Joe Washington's team that would be a good place to start.
The Event 'Legends & Legacies' is being sponsored by the Varsity O Club, and is by invitation, only. It's at the Historic McCasland Field House...Friday, @ 6:00 for Cocktails...7:00 Dinner. Highlight of the event will be the Legacy of the Selmons, and the future statue honoring them...

The Event 'Legends & Legacies' is being sponsored by the Varsity O Club, and is by invitation, only. It's at the Historic McCasland Field House...Friday, @ 6:00 for Cocktails...7:00 Dinner. Highlight of the event will be the Legacy of the Selmons, and the future statue honoring them...
Thank you very much SS Imperial Madam. I received my invitations by email this morning.

It's very hard for me to believe that in the last 3-4 years at Nebraska that Martinez was the best option at Qb. Yet Frost trots him out there week after week and year after year.
And for this reason alone Frost should be kicked out the door. He is not making smart decisions. Why is he not running the same offense as he did at UCF? Why is he not recruiting a QB that can hit a target with the ball?

And for this reason alone Frost should be kicked out the door. He is not making smart decisions. Why is he not running the same offense as he did at UCF? Why is he not recruiting a QB that can hit a target with the ball?

Add to the list that his press conferences are as bad as John Blake’s were. The guy acts like he’s in the Twilight Zone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT