ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs KSU

From what I've seen so far this year, it's Bama and Georgia or Georgia and Bama. Everyone else is just cannon fodder.

Really weird I was about to post the same thing!
Get out of my head V!
🤣

Everyone else looks pretty average. I said it before and will say it again, when the SEC teams win they bolt them to the top 10 and we see what happened to Ole Miss and Arky today.
aTm struggling tonight so far vs a bad MSU team. Aggies always rated too high. We are too right now but stll have the Zero in the loss column, so far. Florida at number 10 is losing to Kentucky headed into the 4th qtr.

It was Bob that didn't have the balls to fire him. Long term or short term, Bob left the heavy lifting for Riley & while LR let him hang around awhile, it was he that took out the laundry.

We are fortunate to have Lincoln and Bob knew this. In fact Lincoln got his 50th win today so quick. Joining the likes of Bud & Barry to arrive there so quickly.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'm actually more encouraged after today's game than I was last week. At least our offense finally seems to be able to run the ball a little and Rattler looked much better. IF our D can put together a good game next week then I believe we have a decent chance to win. Of course Rattler will need to play like he did today.

Reactions: ShamWowed
I'm actually more encouraged after today's game than I was last week. At least our offense finally seems to be able to run the ball a little and Rattler looked much better. IF our D can put together a good game next week then I believe we have a decent chance to win. Of course Rattler will need to play like he did today.

Hard for me to tell much improvement. The offense showed some promise but the Defense went backwards. How can we not get the Offense and Defense on the same bus every week? Seems like one or the other gets left at home.
We seem to like keeping games close for some reason and it will eventually bite us in the rear. Battle tested? Sure. Battle Ready? Not so much.
I saw Arkansas manhandle Texas.
I saw Georgia blowout Arkansas with a backup QB.
I saw Texas score 70 on Taco Tech.
Taco Tech then beats WV, a team that lead us the whole game untl the final seconds that took a FG to win it with no time remaining.
What does all that mean? I don't know other than its been a crazy season so far for a lot of teams OU included.
5 games into the season and I am still unsure about this team. I think SVP said on ESPN tonight that OU has had the closest margin of victory thru the first 5 games in the programs history. Crazy season so far, just keep winning.

Hard for me to tell much improvement. The offense showed some promise but the Defense went backwards. How can we not get the Offense and Defense on the same bus every week? Seems like one or the other gets left at home.
We seem to like keeping games close for some reason and it will eventually bite us in the rear. Battle tested? Sure. Battle Ready? Not so much.
Taco Tech then beats WV, a team that lead us the whole game untl the final seconds that took a FG to win it with no time remaining.
What does all that mean? I don't know other than its been a crazy season so far for a lot of teams OU included.
5 games into the season and I am still unsure about this team. I think SVP said on ESPN tonight that OU has had the closest margin of victory thru the first 5 games in the programs history. Crazy season so far, just keep winning.
What's more baffling is that OU has struggled in every game so far, except the 76-0 blowout of Western Carolina. How can a team that has struggled so much beat a team that bad when even some of the greatest OU teams weren't able to do that? Also, they showed OU ranked #2 in several categories on defense but we sure didn't see a #2 ranked defense against KSU.

If this team ever plays a complete game, they might be Bama or Georgia good.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
As they should, because they are a fraud! They are not a top 10 team!

One thing is certain amid the craziness; we are five and oh, and still control our own destiny. I'm not even saying we're any good, but we did just beat a team and a QB that has been a problem for us for the last couple of years.

So it's on the Cotton Bowl, where I have no idea what will happen, other than our defense is about to get a big dose of the Robinson kid. If we can at least slow him down, and make their rookie QB beat us with his arm, then I guess we've got a good chance to win. Probably need to win the turnover battle too, or at least keep it even. If we're -2 or -3 in takeaways, I guess we'll lose.

What's more baffling is that OU has struggled in every game so far, except the 76-0 blowout of Western Carolina. How can a team that has struggled so much beat a team that bad when even some of the greatest OU teams weren't able to do that? Also, they showed OU ranked #2 in several categories on defense but we sure didn't see a #2 ranked defense against KSU.

If this team ever plays a complete game, they might be Bama or Georgia good.
I appreciate the optimism but Georgia is stacked with NFL talent. Alabama is the same but they are younger. I expect Georgia to win a close game with Bama this year. If you were to objectively compare rosters, I doubt many of our guys would start on either squad.

OU needs to control its composure in big games. Tyrese Robinson's personal foul on a very chippy call forced OU to kickoff from its own 20 yard line.....and for some reason Riley elected to kick it deep, which allowed the return to go for a touchdown and made the game a lot closer than it should have been.
Switzer would have done a squib kick or a deep onside kick (short kick with hang time).

The team did well to hang tough in the first half and score on very limited possessions and built a substantial lead in the 2nd in spite of Caleb almost fumbling it deep in our zone. Rattler played well and finally started throwing darts all over the place and found a few running lanes.

On to the old Cotton Bowl !

In re-watching part of the game today 2 things that I noticed early on. 1.) God bless Caleb Kelly he's in as rush linebacker early in the game but he's not fast and seems to get jammed up at the line. 2.) And I've noticed this before, I like ugwoegbu but he appears painfully slow in the open field

In re-watching part of the game today 2 things that I noticed early on. 1.) God bless Caleb Kelly he's in as rush linebacker early in the game but he's not fast and seems to get jammed up at the line. 2.) And I've noticed this before, I like ugwoegbu but he appears painfully slow in the open field

Our linebackers continue to look lost in zone coverage. In fact the whole back half looks lost. It was painful for Grinch not to have these guys ready for Deuce. It continues to be that we don't scheme for who we're playing but just do what we do and treat every opponent as if they are the same. God help us if we use that approach next week against Robinson.

How many times you think we're going to get burned on that little rb pass out to the flat that has gone for a touchdown at least 4 times this year.

OU needs to control its composure in big games. Tyrese Robinson's personal foul on a very chippy call forced OU to kickoff from its own 20 yard line.....and for some reason Riley elected to kick it deep, which allowed the return to go for a touchdown and made the game a lot closer than it should have been.
Switzer would have done a squib kick or a deep onside kick (short kick with hang time).

We should've kicked it out of bounds, take the 10 yard penalty, they place the ball on the 35.

We should've kicked it out of bounds, take the 10 yard penalty, they place the ball on the 35.
That would have been okay as well, even if KSU had somehow gotten the ball on OU's side of the 50 yard line.
Stoops' decision a few years back to re-punt against OSU, allowing the return man to score on a long punt return was a similar bad decision.

they could have also declined the penalty and have you rekick this time from the 20. Squib it or better yet go down and make a damn play and tackle the guy.

That would have been okay as well, even if KSU had somehow gotten the ball on OU's side of the 50 yard line.
Stoops' decision a few years back to re-punt against OSU, allowing the return man to score on a long punt return was a similar bad decision.
I'd say the Stoops decision was much worse. The game was on the line and he rekicked to a player with elite speed. Weird thing is Stoops would never admit that he made a bad decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT