ADVERTISEMENT

OU Softball

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
Getting beat by Baylor 4-1 in the 5th, hitting has been a problem so far this season. Hopefully they can find some runs in the later innings and pull this out. If not Patty got some work to do.

When you give up a 3 run shot and then strand 9 guys on base, hard to win. I have never been a fan of JT Gasso, this team needs to play some small ball, get on base and move them around with bunts, and slaps. JT is all about homeruns, should have easily won this game with the proper game plan.

Yes, without a doubt, this team is not the offensive jugger knot we've been spoiled with the last couple seasons. It's now beginning to show how much Alo effected the teams she played on. At the moment, there is not an alpha in the lineup. The confidence, energy and chip on the shoulder Alo's presence provided has not been replecated on this years team. If something doesn't change fast, this team is what it is and what you saw today. Once up against an above average pitcher, this years team will have to rely heavily on pitching and defense. And Bahl at the moment isn't getting it done.

We have some transfers who were great hitters where they came from. Most aren't hittin' a lick, especially today's 7th and 8th place hitters. 8 had a triple that should have been caught. Baylor had to give us 5 outs in the 2nd to get the only run we had for five innings. But this whole team seems a little overrated against good pitching. If we get five games in next weekend, I doubt we go 5-0. 3-2 might be more likely.

A big step up in competition.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
We have some transfers who were great hitters where they came from. Most aren't hittin' a lick, especially today's 7th and 8th place hitters. 8 had a triple that should have been caught. Baylor had to give us 5 outs in the 2nd to get the only run we had for five innings. But this whole team seems a little overrated against good pitching. If we get five games in next weekend, I doubt we go 5-0. 3-2 might be more likely.

A big step up in competition.
We experienced a sort of slump in hitting early on last year and pulled out a few wins in latter innings. Relax, we will get there. We need for the superior hitters (we have them and know who they are) to recognize their roles and step into them asap. Technique is a learned trait in hitting. Raw talent, strength and technique will soon jell and then confidence sets in. This is a new set for OU, both IF and OF. Some vets that have changed positions. This is elite level softball at OU and most opponents. Overrated? By who? A bunch of us that really doesn't know much about the process or substance of this team? We have had some inferior results from higher expectations. We lost one game by 1 point and the yard is full of Chicken Little's.

As potent as our offense was last year, the same Baylor pitcher was one dropped foul ball away from beating us last year in Norman.

Last edited:
OU may not duplicate the last few years records but PG will have this team ready come tournament time. The hitting has struggled some this season against the better pitchers but I think they will come around soon to start producing big runs.

Jordy is struggling a little but she is still a great pitcher. It will be interesting to see how she fares against UCLA this weekend. The great thing is PG has a very deep pitching staff. I would venture to say the two big games in this weekends tournament is A&M and UCLA.

Hey at least the women arent like the baseball team. Losing 2 out 3 to CBU and then dropping the game to Abilene is cause for worry.

It will be interesting how Patty does the pitching Saturday. The two starters today, were Storako and May, and because of the five inning run rule games, and Bahl pitched one inning in relief in both, the starters only pitched four innings apiece. We're only using four pitchers, and when you play five games in three days, you're going to be challenged to make pitching last, especially when you play the top ranked game team in the fifth game on the third day. If Bahl starts either game tomorrow, then I hope Storako starts against UCLA.

I was a little surprised that we run ruled A&M while batting in only four innings. Utah and Loyola Marymount ought to be beatable with good effort. I hope we can get by with less than 12 pitched innings Saturday. We'll see how it goes. There could be a lot of precip tomorrow, which could stress pitching staffs for everybody.

I understand our ladies will be featured live against the Bruinettes today for the tournament championship on the MLB Network
BOOMER !

Wow!

Sooners got three, 2-out singles in the first but didn't score.

Then they got FOUR 2-out homers in the second, driving UCLA starter Megan Faraimo from the game and putting up 6 runs, all on the homers and lead 6-0 now in B2.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Its a delayed broadcast on the MLB at 9:30 tonight. OU up 6-0 , 4 HR in 2nd inning
I'll be happy to tape that. Storako is looking good so far. But UCLA's lineup in stacked. Won't be surprised if they put up some runs, after now playing their 6th game in 4 days. And facing OUr pitchers who are throwing their 5th game in 3 days.

I'll be happy to tape that. Storako is looking good so far. But UCLA's lineup in stacked. Won't be surprised if they put up some runs, after now playing their 6th game in 4 days. And facing OUr pitchers who are throwing their 5th game in 3 days.
You have Flosoftball? I don’t but for me its not worth the $149 a year since OU usually only plays on it when in California

Storako is making a statement. Four shutout innings. She's given up some hard hit balls, but she has a pretty quality defense making her look even better.

You have Flosoftball? I don’t but for me its not worth the $149 a year since OU usually only plays on it when in California
I paid the thirty bucks once maybe three years ago. But I don't like paying for games I can only watch live, and most of the games happen when I'm working. So I haven't but that one time. I love OU women's softball. It's really my second favorite sport behind OU football. But I've learned I can live without watching it live.

I watch a lot of live stats, and occasionally live with the radio broadcast, though I don't much care for Chris Plank. I do appreciate his effort, but after doing it as long as he has, he ought to understand rules, and scoring regulations. way better than he does.

UCLA has had a challenging schedule for a pitching staff this weekend. Six games in four days.
But this is a bit of a statement game for the Sooners. This really the first time this year's lineup has had this sort of game against a top pitching staff.

Fitty had the game on his computer and was giving me updates of the scoring. I was predicting/hoping for 15-0 or better when we got the first 4. The girls were done working for the day by about noon west coast time which was awesome

You mean that in her pitching abilities I am sure bc. At our ages, anything more than that in public is considered creepy (or worse)
Sadly the old days will never come again

Good, god, the Mavs are a really bad team. And they got worse with a horrible acquisition. They can't defend a decent post man on any team. The Laker game was an embarrassment with more to come. Luka recently makes LeBron look like an MVP.

I tuned in to local sports talk radio yesterday for a segment of college baseball and softball. The guest were a husband and wife team, ex-ASU players from a few years ago. They run baseball and softball camps in the southwest for several years. Not much to report on OU baseball. Second tier was used often.

Softball was a different matter. They started by saying UCLA does not have better talent than OU on the roster. OU has the best instructional coaches in CSB. They were surprised at OU's dominance on both sides of the ball. OU has put the pieces in place very quickly. Extreme talent in the youngins'. OU may lose a game or two long the way but they will be scary good in the playoffs. Prediction: 3-peat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT