ADVERTISEMENT

OU Bests TCU!!!

What. A. Game!

Our cable goes out earlier in the day, so I keep checking my phone for the score. At halftime, I can't take it anymore, so we go to a wings place about a half mile from the house. The owner's dad played for Bud Wilkinson in the 50s and has one sports team flag in his place, an OU flag! He sees our OU gear and comes around from the bar to greet us with a "Boomer Sooner." He gets us the last two seats at the bar so we can watch the 2nd half.

Just when I'm about to switch to the "Lon Should Be Gone" group (especially after the loss to texass), his guys play their hearts out and win a big one in Ft. Worth. I'll remain cautiously optimistic they can beat WVU in the B12 Tourney and guarantee at least a 11 or 12 seed in the NCAAs.

I left the broadcast at half and watched softball. When l was astonished to hear we had won, l eventually went to Soonersports.com and watched a video of the 2nd half. I would think that te combination of that, and the Longhorn loss, ought to get the Sooners a big dance invite.

But if WVU were to win a couple of CCT games, which would meanwe were 0-1. I'm still not totally confident. Right now, l'd think KU, Baylor and Tech are sure things. OU, UT & WVU are just hoping with various nervous levels of confidence.

Reactions: runningback43
I left the broadcast at half and watched softball. When l was astonished to hear we had won, l eventually went to Soonersports.com and watched a video of the 2nd half. I would think that te combination of that, and the Longhorn loss, ought to get the Sooners a big dance invite.

But if WVU were to win a couple of CCT games, which would meanwe were 0-1. I'm still not totally confident. Right now, l'd think KU, Baylor and Tech are sure things. OU, UT & WVU are just hoping with various nervous levels of confidence.

Maybe, but I saw something where the last 27 teams in the Big12 that finished 500 in conference all got invitations. Of course, I may have read it wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT