ADVERTISEMENT

OU Bball

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
They improve to 7-1 after beating Notre Same tonight 85-80. Only loss is to ranked Wisconsin where a rough 2nd half spelled their doom.

Kruger has placed an emphasis on defense, and despite tonight's high scoring affair, the Sooners have been good and sometimes suffocating on D.

Christian James is lighting it up, averaging 19 points a game and putting up 25 tonight.

Jamuni McNeace has been a steady force though it does not appear he played tonight and I have no idea why (followed game online).

Manek has been steady overall while leading the team in rebounding, and despite some early season woes, got going tonight with 5 3s.

Transfers Aaron Calixte and Miles Reynolds have been excellent additions to the roster with Miles aggressive style and Calixte's steady hand at PG and underrated 3 ball.

Rahad Odomes is coming off the bench as a consistent contributor and Kristian Doolittle is coming into his own as a versatile and impressive defender.

Do yourself a favor and enjoy some Sooner hoops while we await the playoffs. These guys are playing pretty good ball right now.

I watched the game tonight on ESPN and OU played a great game hitting over 50% on their threes.
McNease did not play because of sprained ankle.
Christian James was great.
The ESPN play by play announcers said this OU BB team was better than last season's OU team with Trey Young.
The new OU players are assimilating very well with the returners from last season.

The game was a very good win and fun to watch.

Last edited:
Not having Jamuni McNeace in the lineup hurt the defense for sure. We didn't have much of a presence down low, and it showed in the lack of rebounds and blocked shots. Without a post up player, we had to rely a lot on the 3 and driving to the basket. Thankfully we were hot from the 3 tonight.

With McNeace, we probably would have dominated the boards. Due back next game.

Really nice start to what appeared might be a down year.

Kruger is the real deal, and we're lucky to have him.

Had a really nice start last year and fell apart so don't count your chickens before they hatch. OU has only played one ranked team and got beat, wait until we start playing in the Big XII before you make that judgment. I'm still not sold on Kruger's recruiting ability. Maybe it's just really hard to get highly rated players, but Billy Tubbs sure had some explosive teams.

Granted, Trae Young was a one-man show and it hurt the team a lot in the 2nd half of the season. Feels like there's a closer group this season, but why can't we ever seem to get an unstoppable force in the post like a Wayman Tisdale or Blake Griffin anymore?

Last edited:
I was very pissed my WiFi didn't
Had a really nice start last year and fell apart so don't count your chickens before they hatch. OU has only played one ranked team and got beat, wait until we start playing in the Big XII before you make that judgment. I'm still not sold on Kruger's recruiting ability. Maybe it's just really hard to get highly rated players, but Billy Tubbs sure had some explosive teams.

Granted, Trae Young was a one-man show and it hurt the team a lot in the 2nd half of the season. Feels like there's a closer group this season, but why can't we ever seem to get an unstoppable force in the post like a Wayman Tisdale or Blake Griffin anymore?

Nobody is counting their chickens or making a judgement. Sorry for enjoying some Sooner basketball Debbie Downer.

Sooners win again. Tough game at scrappy Northwestern. 76-69 in OT.

11-1 in OOC and begin league play @ Kansas on the 2nd.

Reactions: Schoonerman
JM reinjured his ankle and sat out the entire 2nd half. Doolittle is finally showing signs of life the past 2 games, which is HUGE with JM out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT