ADVERTISEMENT

OT The U.S. now has 1/3 of the world's coronavirus totals and with 68376 deaths

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
We have 1,172,670 Americans who have the virus.The victims are all ages.
Young people between the ages of 20 and 30 are getting blood clots from the virus killing them with strokes.

Take this ugly disease seriously

Stay safe my friends

Reactions: JP74017
It's a good decision to be safe. But I don't believe we actually have the most cases. We test more, and the media is seeking to sensationalize the virus. And hospitals have financial incentives to label patients, and deaths as COVID.

I do believe that the actually number of COVID patients is higher, though, because I believe a lot of people have it, but are untested because they don't have symptoms. I'd love to be tested, by you have to have symptoms to go there.

I read a Dennis Prager headline a week or so ago, that read something akin to , "If we wait until COVID is eliminated to resume, we never will.

I believe we're going to have to live with this, and deal with some deaths because of it. There won't be a vaccine for a while, and the economy will like be shattered by that time.

I'm not diminishing the threat. I'm just willing to live with it. If it scares you too much, then that's your choice. But don't deny me, mine.

And hospitals have financial incentives to label patients, and deaths as COVID.
That's absolutely false. Hospitals don't determine the cause of death. Physicians do. And there's no bonus money for treating covid-19 cases. In fact, in the labor intensive sickest cases requiring ICU beds and mechanical ventilation, hospitals lose their ass.

In your case IQ or competency testing might be more appropriate.
Says the guy complaining about the % of population testing when compared to nations with a fraction of our population. But hey, don't let that stop you from believing whatever narrative the MSM is spoon feeding you.

Last edited:
And we do not lead in testing. It's not total tests it's % of tests relative to the total population and in the metric we are pitiful.
I see you've been watching CNN, Rachel Maddow, and The View...

tumblr_nyxwjcSGET1rthgj1o1_400.gifv

That's absolutely false. Hospitals don't determine the cause of death. Physicians do. And there's no bonus money for treating covid-19 cases. In fact, in the labor intensive sickest cases requiring ICU beds and mechanical ventilation, hospitals lose their ass.
I've talked to doctors who disagree with you. The hospitals get Federal incentives the more COVID patients they deal with. And the hospitals pressure doctors to increase those numbers.

I've talked to doctors who disagree with you. The hospitals get Federal incentives the more COVID patients they deal with. And the hospitals pressure doctors to increase those numbers.
Yeah, no. Maybe you should do some fact checking on the claims by those "doctors who disagree with me." Would you like to do it on your own or should I spoon feed it to you?

I suspect that you haven't and won't do your homework to fact check what you read on Facebook heard from "doctors," so I'm going to go ahead and help you and any other interested readers know the facts.

Claim: hospitals get an EXTRA!!! $13,000 if they say the patient has covid-19 and an EXTRA!!! $39,000 if they put them on a ventilator!!!!!!

Reality: Covid-19 has an ICD10 diagnosis code that puts it in a group of similar diseases. The average Medicare payment for the DRG (diagnosis related grouping) that covid-19 is in is between $13-14,000 total. The patients in that DRG group that require mechanical ventilation have a higher payment because intensive care costs more to provide. Doctors don't put patients on ventilators to increase reimbursement. They put patients on ventilators because there's no other option. Ventilator cases are money losers in the Medicare population.

Reality: The CARES Act has a provision for hospitals to receive an additional 20% on the payment for covid-19 cases because of the additional costs of providing care to covid-19 patients (PPE, staffing, room segregation, etc). This only applies to Medicare payments. It isn't free money that a hospital can use to inflate payments. The cases HAVE to be supported by documentation, either clinical presentation consistent with covid-19, or laboratory confirmation, or both. If a hospital "upcodes" a case to covid-19 without any supporting evidence, that's Medicare fraud.

Reality: With all of that said, please keep in mind that hospitals get reimbursed 87 cents for every dollar they SPEND (cost) on providing care to Medicare patients. Hospitals are losing a large amount of money because the bread and butter of hospital revenue has been suspended in almost every location in the US, elective cases.

Reality: There is additional funding in the CARES Act that can be used to reimburse hospitals cost for providing care to uninsured covid-19 patients and to help offset the additional costs of purchasing/leasing equipment, supplies, temporary building costs, etc to prepare for the pandemic. Pretty sure that number is $100 billion total and nobody is really sure how that gets distributed.

Reality: Plaino, you're welcome. You should let those "doctors" know they need to check their facts. If they actually work for healthcare systems that are asking them to defraud the government, they should be calling their compliance hotline to report it. Maybe you should be calling their compliance hotline to report it yourself. You can get some cash for whistleblowing on fraud AND it's the right thing to do.

I suspect that you haven't and won't do your homework to fact check what you read on Facebook heard from "doctors," so I'm going to go ahead and help you and any other interested readers know the facts.

Claim: hospitals get an EXTRA!!! $13,000 if they say the patient has covid-19 and an EXTRA!!! $39,000 if they put them on a ventilator!!!!!!

Reality: Covid-19 has an ICD10 diagnosis code that puts it in a group of similar diseases. The average Medicare payment for the DRG (diagnosis related grouping) that covid-19 is in is between $13-14,000 total. The patients in that DRG group that require mechanical ventilation have a higher payment because intensive care costs more to provide. Doctors don't put patients on ventilators to increase reimbursement. They put patients on ventilators because there's no other option. Ventilator cases are money losers in the Medicare population.

Reality: The CARES Act has a provision for hospitals to receive an additional 20% on the payment for covid-19 cases because of the additional costs of providing care to covid-19 patients (PPE, staffing, room segregation, etc). This only applies to Medicare payments. It isn't free money that a hospital can use to inflate payments. The cases HAVE to be supported by documentation, either clinical presentation consistent with covid-19, or laboratory confirmation, or both. If a hospital "upcodes" a case to covid-19 without any supporting evidence, that's Medicare fraud.

Reality: With all of that said, please keep in mind that hospitals get reimbursed 87 cents for every dollar they SPEND (cost) on providing care to Medicare patients. Hospitals are losing a large amount of money because the bread and butter of hospital revenue has been suspended in almost every location in the US, elective cases.

Reality: There is additional funding in the CARES Act that can be used to reimburse hospitals cost for providing care to uninsured covid-19 patients and to help offset the additional costs of purchasing/leasing equipment, supplies, temporary building costs, etc to prepare for the pandemic. Pretty sure that number is $100 billion total and nobody is really sure how that gets distributed.

Reality: Plaino, you're welcome. You should let those "doctors" know they need to check their facts. If they actually work for healthcare systems that are asking them to defraud the government, they should be calling their compliance hotline to report it. Maybe you should be calling their compliance hotline to report it yourself. You can get some cash for whistleblowing on fraud AND it's the right thing to do.

Thank you Medic.

While the thread has your attention, I'd like to ask you for your expert knowledge on something I don't know.
I've heard, and understand, the statements which are applicable to all diseases that it's not the disease that kills the person, it's the complications from the disease - heart failure, organ damage, suffocation, whatever.

How is the US medical system handling the deaths in regards to reporting on those things? I just hear everyday about the death count from COVID, but I never see the actual pareto of true causes of death. Does that data matter? Does it help progress the fight plan against COVID by medical professionals?

Reactions: iasooner1
% of population is % of population is the same regardless of the size of the population. You can't compare a % metric to a total population metric. Also, apparently some here do watch the View, CNN, and Rachel Maddox or you wouldn't have the apparent ability to conclude that that's where I get my views.

It has been nice to see moderately heavy evening rush hour traffic on I-35 south out of OKC this week. It's been a long time. People are going back to work. Restaurant dining rooms are opening up in my town. Neighbors are out talking again.

The China Virus will continue to spread as expected. Some of us will get sick. Some of us will die. The majority will survive this one. Life goes on.

% of population is % of population is the same regardless of the size of the population. You can't compare a % metric to a total population metric. Also, apparently some here do watch the View, CNN, and Rachel Maddox or you wouldn't have the apparent ability to conclude that that's where I get my views.
And that's why % of the population is a terrible metric. But since it's the only angle the anti-Trumpers can hang their hats on, they go with it like it's the gold standard of measurements.

Reactions: iasooner1
While the thread has your attention, I'd like to ask you for your expert knowledge on something I don't know.
I've heard, and understand, the statements which are applicable to all diseases that it's not the disease that kills the person, it's the complications from the disease - heart failure, organ damage, suffocation, whatever.

How is the US medical system handling the deaths in regards to reporting on those things? I just hear everyday about the death count from COVID, but I never see the actual pareto of true causes of death. Does that data matter? Does it help progress the fight plan against COVID by medical professionals?
I'm familiar with how the causes of death are determined and reported on a death certificate, but I'm by no means an expert. From what I know, causes of death are usually listed as a sequence of events that led to the death. An example:

Let's say that you have atherosclerotic heart disease and you have a heart attack. After your heart attack you develop heart failure. You get admitted to the hospital for exacerbation of heart failure and while in the hospital you develop a saddle pulmonary embolus that results in your sudden death. The Part 1 of the death certificate should read "pulmonary embolus due to congestive heart failure due to myocardial infarction due to atherosclerotic heart disease."

In some cases there isn't a sequence of events such as dying from meningitis. In that case, the cause of death would be "[type of bacteria] meningitis."

Part 2 of the death certificate is where significant conditions that contributed to the death but weren't partvof the sequence of events in Part 1 are listed. These are the comorbidities.

From what I've read, covid-19 deaths are being reported with covid-19 being the initial event in the sequence of Part 1 of the death certificate. An example:

You get covid-19, develop pneumonia, and then develop acute respiratory distress syndrome. The sequence in Part 1 should read "acute respiratory distress syndrome due to pneumonia due to covid-19." If you have comorbidities like obstructive pulmonary disease or heart failure that contributed but weren't direct causes of death, those would be reported in Part 2.

Covid-19 is being entered as a cause of death if it was confirmed by testing or was probable based on clinical features. I think ultimately we'll find that there were more covid-19 deaths in the beginning than were reported due to lack of testing and limited information on the clinical features.

Hope this provides some clarity. I can supply you links on death certificate guidance if you'd like.

How many covid-19 tests have been done in the US?

I suspect that you haven't and won't do your homework to fact check what you read on Facebook heard from "doctors," so I'm going to go ahead and help you and any other interested readers know the facts..
Not facebook claims. Doctors who are my longtime customers. Maybe they got it from FB.

Is it everywhere? No. But it is going on.

It is interesting to me, that news organizations have been told that it is not possible for us to know how many people have tested positive, but have no symptoms. The whole numbers here are skewed.

I trust you, that you know what's going on where you are. But not everybody involved in this is above board. That is an extreme political agenda involved in this. And a whole lot of it, is based on falsehood, and some intentional lies.

Not facebook claims. Doctors who are my longtime customers. Maybe they got it from FB.

Is it everywhere? No. But it is going on.

It is interesting to me, that news organizations have been told that it is not possible for us to know how many people have tested positive, but have no symptoms. The whole numbers here are skewed.

I trust you, that you know what's going on where you are. But not everybody involved in this is above board. That is an extreme political agenda involved in this. And a whole lot of it, is based on falsehood, and some intentional lies.

Stories like this make me think what in the hell is going on?.

Its about doctors and nurses working many hours every day to save lives who face conspiracy theories and organized harassment at their hospitals after they put their lives on the line at risk every day and they face these harassment campaigns with lies about this very contagious virus which now has killed over 74000 Americans and many others worldwide.

This worldwide Coronavirus is not a fantasy it is real and it is life threatening

What in the hell?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/doctors-are-fed-up-with-conspiracies-ravaging-ers.html

I want my DC to be like Epstein’s and say I was hung. Just one little white lie for eternal noteriety

The Lieutenant Governor of texas Dan Patrick said Grandpa & Grandma & he should be willing to die to revive the economy.
BaBye

I think Grandma & Grandpa can LIVE and still the Economy can be revived which we all want to happen.
We know the ways to avoid catching the virus including Testing & Testing & Testing
Scientists and doctors who are experts about Pandemics have told us what to do.
I think the Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is f**king insane
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...ker-carlson-willing-to-die-to-revive-economy/

Last edited:
The Lieutenant Governor of texas Dan Patrick said Grandpa & Grandma & he should be willing to die to revive the economy.
BaBye

I think Grandma & Grandpa can LIVE and still the Economy can be revived which we all want to happen.
We know the ways to avoid catching the virus including Testing & Testing & Testing
Scientists and doctors who are experts about Pandemics have told us what to do.
I think the Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is f**king insane
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...ker-carlson-willing-to-die-to-revive-economy/
I swear it's amazing when people like you get drawn in by a headline to shape your opinion prior to you even listening to what the Lt Governor actually said and meant.

Reactions: runningback43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT