ADVERTISEMENT

OT...the Pope is a funny fellow

Okay, you're the guy who didn't know Catholics are Christians, but now you want to tell me about the "major differences" between the two? Yes, I'm aware there are "differences" in how Catholics and other Christian denominations worship and observe holy days, but based on your limited knowledge on Catholics, I suggest you leave this one alone because you have no idea what you are talking about.

As usual, when religion and politics are brought up, it turns into a pissing match, so I'm out. Carry on without me.
There are many more differences besides just how they worship and holy days observed. I'm not Catholic and I'm not an expert on the subject, but I know enough to have questions about it. Seems like you know even less

Reactions: BillyRay

In all fairness, considering life expectancy was I'm sure well below 100 years back then, doing the math the total numbers of human's living on just the past 10,000 years would easily be over 1 billion, and very possibly upwards of 2 billion. Not to mention the population of the thousands of years prior to this scale. It's not like human's instantly appeared at 10,000BCE with 5 million people and started from there. I don't know if humans on this planet go as far back as 200,000 years, but if humans do go back that far, then the 10,000 years represented above is just a small fraction of the total.

Reactions: gsxrace01
butt hurt because people make you look stupid when talking about religion?,the fact is,atheist know alot more about religion then so called Christians like you,. man has been on this earth for 200,000 years,maybe longer,there were billions of people spread all over the earth before Jesus,they had there own gods there own religion,.your religion is man made and pathetic,has nothing to do with GOD,deal with it.

Sorry, but :rolleyes:. You truly are legend in your own mind. It must be the THC marinade that is your brain.

In all fairness, considering life expectancy was I'm sure well below 100 years back then, doing the math the total numbers of human's living on just the past 10,000 years would easily be over 1 billion, and very possibly upwards of 2 billion. Not to mention the population of the thousands of years prior to this scale. It's not like human's instantly appeared at 10,000BCE with 5 million people and started from there. I don't know if humans on this planet go as far back as 200,000 years, but if humans do go back that far, then the 10,000 years represented above is just a small fraction of the total.
.,you guy's have a blessed Sunday.

Everyone enjoy a special "Blood Moon" which is about at maximum in the land of tall corn at the moment. Perhaps throw up a prayer for all aborted persons of the earth, since Francis failed to mention those lives that should matter...
I'm pretty sure the Pope is strongly pro life

Reactions: BillyRay
There is no board rules now, no mods either. It's a free for all

116597-bill-murray-ghostbusters-meme-LWwb.gif

I agree with both of you... but this thread should have died an early death.
Hitting the report button seems to get threads like this removed. But from my view, those who wish to participate do and those who don't want to don't have to.

Self moderation is the way to go. I think everybody who moderated this board ended up disliking the role and this board. We're all adults. The ignore feature also works beautifully on this new system. It's like anybody you ignore no longer exists.

Hitting the report button seems to get threads like this removed. But from my view, those who wish to participate do and those who don't want to don't have to.

Self moderation is the way to go. I think everybody who moderated this board ended up disliking the role and this board. We're all adults. The ignore feature also works beautifully on this new system. It's like anybody you ignore no longer exists.

Hear hear!

I certainly would like to believe that no one here would be so petty and vindictive as to 'report' a thread...like a woman would. (no offense, SS)

Self policing is the way to go.
Besides, put a couple of weeks between what hacked you off and the present, and I doubt most of us would remember what the dust up was about, generally speaking.

Carry on reprobates!:cool:

Reactions: Medic007
I've never felt that moderators were necessary, but more importantly they couldn't ever seem to be just a fan, and that always seemed unfair to me. Hardly no way to win. I admire anyone that would agree to take on that most difficult task. But I like it the way we have it now for all reasons that have already been mentioned,

Yep, Bama, that was the suck for any mods, (that's why I turned it down the two times it was offered)...and that was they just couldn't be normal fans.
It's like they had to abdicate that aspect of their life, which was just galling to me, as a fan.
It wasn't even subtle either.

It was overt!

Reactions: Oklabama
I've never felt that moderators were necessary, but more importantly they couldn't ever seem to be just a fan, and that always seemed unfair to me. Hardly no way to win. I admire anyone that would agree to take on that most difficult task. But I like it the way we have it now for all reasons that have already been mentioned,

Ya no doubt this would have been a pretty rough way to visit the site day to day as a mod. Not really being able to enjoy chatting about sports and always having to deal with daily drama.

Regardless of the dispute or subject, the moderator was wrong in the eyes of one side. I get it. I got it at the time. What I didn't know is how much I would dread getting on the board to read every thread I didn't care to read. It made me bitter towards some posters here and I hated that. And I won't even mention the emails. I much prefer reading what I want and not worrying what the consequences of action and inaction will be.

I'll never say yes to message board moderation again. Unless large sums of cash will trade hands. Then I'm all about it.

Regardless of the dispute or subject, the moderator was wrong in the eyes of one side. I get it. I got it at the time. What I didn't know is how much I would dread getting on the board to read every thread I didn't care to read. It made me bitter towards some posters here and I hated that. And I won't even mention the emails. I much prefer reading what I want and not worrying what the consequences of action and inaction will be.

I'll never say yes to message board moderation again. Unless large sums of cash will trade hands. Then I'm all about it.

Ah, my kind of guy...a total capitalist whore...right on.:rolleyes:

Gsx is a dope head who contributes nothing to this board and never talks sports. Why does he come here? Just so posters can make him appear uneducated and ignorant? I just don't get it, he never comes out of this good and usually resorts to name calling.

Can anyone spot the irony?

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence." - Charles Bukowski

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT