ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rock Band Poll

Which Rock Band would you want to be part of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first choice was not on the list so maybe a "none of the above" vote is needed. My vote goes to the band that had the greatest impact on my college days...they played every year at my fraternities FIJI island parties. The Ike Turner Review featuring Tina Turner & the Ikettes.

Perhaps they were put off by the inclusion of the Beach Bums...
My first thought was 'not the Beatles or Eagles' because of mortality rate even though either are worthy.
How come no Stones ?

Whichever band has the greatest wealth:recognizability ratio. Who cares about music quality? I want the most money with the least notoriety, so I can live the most "normal" life.

Reactions: iasooner1
Believe it or not, I met old Joe. He was the headliner of the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Houston in or 1987/88. Anyway, I donated the use of three RVs for Joe and the crew. As such, I was able to meet him. He was major league messed up and 30 mins later he walked onto the stage. Finished one song... and left. I mean he left, left. Everyone was shocked. The concert and grand opening was a huge bust. But I did get his autograph. It was on a white Hard Rock Cafe hat that went floating down the Guadalupe a few months later. Aww.... times were fun back then!

Believe it or not, I met old Joe. He was the headliner of the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Houston in or 1987/88. Anyway, I donated the use of three RVs for Joe and the crew. As such, I was able to meet him. He was major league messed up and 30 mins later he walked onto the stage. Finished one song... and left. I mean he left, left. Everyone was shocked. The concert and grand opening was a huge bust. But I did get his autograph. It was on a white Hard Rock Cafe hat that went floating down the Guadalupe a few months later. Aww.... times were fun back then!

Terrific story. Big "like".

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of JW and of the Eagles.
But they sure seem like the Odd Couple.
When they do Eagles songs, JW is "just another guy".
When they do JW songs, the Eagles are just another band.
Weird mixture.

I would agree that JW could (and will) carry whatever remains of the Eagles.

Aerosmith is solid but just a "poor man's" version of the Stones. It's sacrilege to place them anywhere near Zeppelin.

Especially after the addition of Joe Walsh, imo

I would agree that JW could (and will) carry whatever remains of the Eagles.

Aerosmith is solid but just a "poor man's" version of the Stones. It's sacrilege to place them anywhere near Zeppelin.

Agree to disagree.
I'm going most anywhere to see Aerosmith. They are supposed to be starting their exit tour this year (maybe??).
If the Stones happen to come to Houston again (doubtful), I'll go see them.
The Stones are cool, but Aerosmith is awesome.

EDIT to add: The Eagles are over now. Can't see that they would ever play again as The Eagles. Might see some solo performances playing Eagles songs.
Walsh has already started touring solo again. Saw him in Houston last year as the headliner and this year opening for Tom Petty.

Agree to disagree.
I'm going most anywhere to see Aerosmith. They are supposed to be starting their exit tour this year (maybe??).

EDIT to add: The Eagles are over now. Can't see that they would ever play again as The Eagles. Might see some solo performances playing Eagles songs.
Walsh has already started touring solo again. Saw him in Houston last year as the headliner and this year opening for Tom Petty.

Eagles:
Vince Gill?
Seriously?

Agree to disagree.

No big deal, but it's never been The Eagles or The Queen. It's just Eagles and Queen. Just a personal thing.

And Steely Dan

Steely Dan is some good music and interesting you mentioned Steely Dan... The Eagles just announced two major concerts, w/ Steely Dan & Fleetwood Mac. Glen Frey's 24 yr old son and Vince Gill have joined in on the fun.

BTW... I have much respect for Vince Gill. I saw him at Clapton's Crossroads 2011 Guitar Festival and he was over the top good. He has earned the respect of some of the top entertainers in the Industry including mine. He can play many, many instruments and his vocals are still great.

Back in the days when Joe was under the influence of a lot. WS

I had a girlfriend that had 2 tix for them in Tulsa in late '73; I backed out of going. That's all I have to say about that. :eek:
Funny. Kind of the same thing - had an opportunity to see U2 in early 90's. However, the alternative was a blonde 7 seven years younger (legal). Followed the best advice a young 16 year old lad ever had - never pass up pointing. Even if you are on your deathbed sick. Never know when the drought hits.

Figured U2 sounded better on CD anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT