ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Rangers

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
All eight women in the first co-ed Army Rangers school have failed.
They were among a group that had tried the Darby part of it once before, and didn't complete that phase a second time when getting a do over.
This is just egregious!
Clearly, they will have to lower the standards for the females so they'll have a shot at being Rangers.
At the same time it will allow the fellows to get in touch with their feminine side.
This is the only fair way to handle this.
Isn't that the agenda?

How am I wrong?:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
All eight women in the first co-ed Army Rangers school have failed.
They were among a group that had tried the Darby part of it once before, and didn't complete that phase a second time, before going on the Mountain phase.
This is just egregious!
Clearly, they will have to lower the standards for the females so they'll have a shot at being Rangers.
At the same time it will allow the fellows to get in touch with their feminine side.
This is the only fair way to handle this.
Isn't that the agenda?

How am I wrong?:p

I bet Caitlyn could pass..............JJ

Yeah, it just doesn't make any damn sense.
The PC peeps insisted on this and hells bells, 50% of the guys don't make it through. It's a tough nut to crack. Every bit as hard as the Seals training.

Bottom line is the gals should've never been allowed to even try.
That's it, I said it.

I won't say much because it may turn PC.

I have a friend that is the former fire chief from a major city close to where we both live. He told me the women fire fighter recruits were not qualified, but got accepted due to including gender in the process.

One of the major obstacles was to climb a 20 foot freestyle rope. None of them could do it........

Last edited:
We've been dumbing down requirements for female fire fighters for a decade or two. I guess this is just the next step.

I thought you were composing a post to praise how the Rangers' baseball team is playing in Arlington. They may still suck by the end of the year, but right now, they're actually kind of fun to watch. Four of their guys have made their major league debut this season and tonight it was their top prospect, Joey Gallo. Single, homer, dang near second homer that went for a double, then a K and a BB in five plate appearances.

He was the first draft pick three or four years ago and looks like he might make it, if he can lay off the breaking ball in the dirt. Of course, tonight, there was a survey about which was worse about their opponents. Did the White Sox pitching suck more than their defense. Right now, the pitchers lose by a nose, but it was really close.

The worst record in baseball in April, and now up to two games over .500. I thought the season would be hopeless. Now, they appear to be on a path to maybe contending for a wild card, with so much American League mediocrity. After they lost their two best pitchers, that seemed impossible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse team in spring training. But their new manager seems to be able to get his guys to play the game with some smarts.

Pitchers: throw strikes. Hitters, make the other pitcher throw strikes. Seems so reasonable.

Well, as the great Vincent Furnier sang decades ago... "Only women bleed..." They also give birth... soooo... they should go to work in the kitchen, put on something sexy, and start breeding a new generation of male Ranger/Seal types and good looking mommas, so Fitty can share more of his fantasies with us...

Hey lavaman, how you doing bud?
I know, I just got chipped out of a glacier by a swarthy Sherpa...but until us old guys die off you'll have to listen to our bellicose diatribes.
It's just part of the equation.

That is unless your cryptic retort was in support of my post...I don't know, senility is also a part of the same equation.
Man, this is just plain fun!

(being totally confused isn't necessarily a bad thing, legally it's a plausible deniability defense):D

Hey lavaman, how you doing bud?
I know, I just got chipped out of a glacier by a swarthy Sherpa...but until us old guys die off you'll have to listen to our bellicose diatribes.
It's just part of the equation.

That is unless your cryptic retort was in support of my post...I don't know, senility is also a part of the same equation.
Man, this is just plain fun!

(being totally confused isn't necessarily a bad thing, legally it's a plausible deniability defense):D

Port, I speak fittyism....He likes you. He's not sure if you insulted him.... Actually, I'm not sure either.

So in the mean time, here's a gif. I like you, but ............

tail%2Bwhip.gif

Yelp, I got all of this from his posts. Kind a of like ebonics.......LOL

Last edited:
That's pretty much my schedule, matter of fact.
The only exception would be that I make coffee, eat a huge breakfast at 10:30.
(talking bacon, three eggs, toast and orange juice)
Then I take a nap after watching the rerun of Columbo.

Which begs the question...what are you young turks doing at this time of day?
Working for a boss you hate for less wages than you think you should get?

We've been there, done that. It's part of the deal.

Hang tough!;)

The oil biz is down, and I am busier than ever. Doesn't seem fair. But I'll count it as a blessing. I usually sleep great, but last night I dreamed that fiddle back spiders were in the engine compartments of the Yugo cars I was working on. That dream lasted all freaking night, or at least it seems like it. I'm tired.

Back when I frequented the salvage yards for parts to keep my clunkers running, a new looking Yugo was up on the rack for parts. I asked why a new car was up there. He said it was less than a year old, had 5,000 miles on it, but that it suffered the notorious blown piston #4. Unrepairable, if you can fathom that. Totaled. Well a few weeks later, my friend was driving her Yugo up the steep road out of Methodist Canyon near Hinton. Compression and work hardening blew a hole in Piston #4. Those cars were complete P's.O.S.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
As weird as American Motors was, they had a following. AMC sold a zillion ugly Gremlins. They were everywhere. There was even a kit to put a V8 small block under the hood. They showed up to the quarter mile races for years. So in that regard, not in the same class as the Yugo. The Yugo was just a steaming pile of s.

One of the great AMC traditions that carried on through Chrysler, then Daimler Chrysler, then Chrysler again, now Fiat Chrysler... gaudy colors on the Jeep Wranglers. I love 'em and own two.

The AMC Pacer, Matador and Marlin were uglier than sin. AMC Javelin and AMX were kick arse muscle cars and bring a hefty price tag today. Yugo... just a POS.

As weird as American Motors was, they had a following. AMC sold a zillion ugly Gremlins. They were everywhere. There was even a kit to put a V8 small block under the hood. They showed up to the quarter mile races for years. So in that regard, not in the same class as the Yugo. The Yugo was just a steaming pile of s.

One of the great AMC traditions that carried on through Chrysler, then Daimler Chrysler, then Chrysler again, now Fiat Chrysler... gaudy colors on the Jeep Wranglers. I love 'em and own two.

The AMC Pacer, Matador and Marlin were uglier than sin. AMC Javelin and AMX were kick arse muscle cars and bring a hefty price tag today. Yugo... just a POS.

I'd have to look it up, but I believe AMC introduced a V8 to the Gremlin in 71 or 72. The first year issues weren't to attractive but they soon found that trim pkgs suach as the Gremlin X and the Levi's trim package sold. When they added the 305 V8, it was a pretty damn quick car.

............. gaudy colors on the Jeep Wranglers. I love 'em and own two.

Cool Jeep ....1967.

About 20 years ago I bought cherry 1970 For Bronco with fenders intact, totally original. I paid 4500.00 dollars and laughed how cheap I got it while driving it off. I sold it for 6500.00 two weeks later. I knew the guy was under priced. Today I kick my butt. They are going for 15 grand today on ebay and those are not original. Well, live and learn...

Edit: forgot the Jeep picture...........

tumblr_nopcl1WDh61rk1bnbo1_1280.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT