OT: is WW3 around the corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUSooners_75

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2008
Oklahoma
This is not a political thread, but I'm sure it will turn into one because some people can't help themselves.

That said, are we seeing the beginning of world war 3? I ask, because some similarities are there that led to WW2.

After wolrd war 1, many of the victors and even some of the defeated nations came together to vow a diplomatic idealism so war would not break out again. Those countries were most of Europe including defeated Germany, and the mostly Asian nation of Russia. The US never joined the League of Nations at that time.

Why do I bring this up? Because the sanctions created a monster in Germany. It led to Germany to funnel a large portion of their economic power into rebuilding it's military might. Which led to the invasion of Poland in 1939. This led to the great war, WWII and to 50M-60M deaths around the world.

So what does this have to do with today?

Well, the "Western" nations have placed sanction after sanction on countries like Russia. And under Vladimir Putin, Russia has had the ambition to rebuild the Soviet Union land mass. Putin has already taken Georgia and part of the Ukraine in Crimea.

Putin is eager to take all of Ukraine. And if it isn't stopped, next will be China taking Taiwan, and Iran getting nuclear weapons. It will also embolden Russia to take more, maybe Hungary, Romania, Poland, and other nation states it once controlled.

The ex-president of Georgia once warned the West of Putin and his warnings have been greatly ignored.

Sanctions and diplomacy only works if all parties are willing to compromise and respect those efforts. One nation sanctioning another has very little impact, especially when that sanctioned nation has the backing of the second largest economy in the world.

The West must do more than sanction Russia. They must be willing to go toe to toe with Russia. If not, this is only the beginning.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News