ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I just enjoyed a special flashback in time.

Wufee

Sooner starter
Dec 12, 2001
I’m working on some contracts at home today. Buster hates it. He gets bored when I’m working and tries to convince me that he needs to take a piss every 5 min.

Anyway, I take him out for the first piss, then I yell at him and ignore him.

I took him out for that one and only piss. When I stepped out in the back yard I was stopped in my tracks. There’s no house on the property behind me and some one had bush hogged it this morning.

The smell of a fresh mowed hay field was in the air. My mind took me back 60 years. I was skinny, had my shirt off, and was throwing bales on the back of a flat bed wagon. An old Ford tractor was doing some work.

I remember taking the last load (for the day) to the barn and me and my shit for brains buddies, headed for the ice chest.

That first one never touched the side of my throat. Drinking those cold brews out in the hayfield after putting in 14 hours was magical.

So I my mind drifts back to the present, I give Buster the hairy eyeball, take one last breath of that special fragrance and go back in the house.

Fellas, I love life and it’s journey. All you young cats , savor each moment. Well, back to the paperwork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.