ADVERTISEMENT

Official OU-FSU game thread

Three plays:
- the TD by Sawchuck called back by holding
- the fumble by Sawchuck
- the one handed 40 yard catch by FSU

Playing on the road, short-handed, we played a lot tougher than most thought we would. I just want to see if we can start winning these FG loss games of which we had four this year. Next year will be huge to see if we improve or not.
Dont forget that our kicker missed a 40 field goal.

Dont forget that our kicker missed a 40 field goal.
The TD called back and the ineligible receiver was both on Savion Byrd #59. He will coached up and be a force next year. The O Line has a bright future. Jacob Sexton went down to injury. I like what Stutsman brings to the game. I was hoping we would see more of Kanak last night. Mason Thomas will be in the mix. I was encouraged by what I saw!

My wife tells me I am the most negative person in the world when it comes to OU football. after going back and rewatching some of the game this morning sober, I realized that there were some good things happening. Running backs will continue to be a strength of the team. OLine for being 5 new guys out there did ok, they did give up 6 sacks and had a few costly penalties though. Mims, Farooq, Anderson, Gibson, Stoops..... receivers will be fine, hopefully we add an experienced coach to help them grow as players. Defense played well at times but also gave up to many big plays, Broiles and White played their last game as a Sooner and I thank them for giving their best and sticking with BV, but I am glad to see them go. Venables needs to clean up his game-time decisions and I will chalk that up to being a first-time head coach. 6-7 with four of those being 3-point losses and one by 7, (0-5 in single-point games) could have easily been 8-5/9-4. New Year's resolution is to stop being so damn negative about Sooner football.

The TD called back and the ineligible receiver was both on Savion Byrd #59. He will coached up and be a force next year. The O Line has a bright future. Jacob Sexton went down to injury. I like what Stutsman brings to the game. I was hoping we would see more of Kanak last night. Mason Thomas will be in the mix. I was encouraged by what I saw!
I beieve Canak didnt play so he could retain his redshirt.

Agree.
And Sawchuk will be a big player next season. If Mims returns with Stoops and Farooq, that’s a good foundation for the receiving corps along with some talented freshmen coming in.
I think Gabriel needs to return.
I regard last night’s game as a quality loss that showed the young players what it will take to play in bowl games. And I think they presented themselves well outside of a Sawchuk fumble.

Agree.
And Sawchuk will be a big player next season. If Mims returns with Stoops and Farooq, that’s a good foundation for the receiving corps along with some talented freshmen coming in.
I regard last night’s game as a quality loss that showed the young players what it will take to play in bowl games. And I think they presented themselves well outside of a Sawchuk fumble.
Stogner coming back will replace Willis, also both freshman Tight ends will contribute next year. Offense will not be the problem. need the DLine and Linebackers to improve to help the back end. FSU had 6 sacks OU zero, I am going to go out on a limb and say next year will be at least a 9 win season.

Agree.
Agreed. I believe Gabriel will return but I hope that Arnold is given every opportunity to overtake Gabriel as the starter. That Sawchuk fumble may be the gut punch he needed for the future. We were moving the ball and that fumble cost us dearly. I'm sure he is still thinking about it this morning. I think we were given rays of a brighter future last night. Our secondary needs a complete overhaul. FSU could have driven a bus through some of the holes our secondary gave them.

Agreed. I believe Gabriel will return but I hope that Arnold is given every opportunity to overtake Gabriel as the starter. That Sawchuk fumble may be the gut punch he needed for the future. We were moving the ball and that fumble cost us dearly. I'm sure he is still thinking about it this morning. I think we were given rays of a brighter future last night. Our secondary needs a complete overhaul. FSU could have driven a bus through some of the holes our secondary gave them.
Sawchuk's fumble had me telling my wife that that may be THE game changer. But there were other game changers as well.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT