ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS TCU GAME THREAD*

479 yards in the first half. More like 800 yards by game end.
I can’t say that yet. I knew this team was going to be a crap show…..think about it. New unproven coach, mostly new staff, a team chock full of portal transfers, no cohesion to start the season, and an average QB that’s starting. If anyone thought this team was going to be world beaters then they were sadly mistaken.

What I didn’t expect was the play to be this bad. That’s the shocking part

Get Beville out!!!!
Backup quarterbacks get precious few reps during the week. Behind the second guy, nobody gets reps of any meaningful type. The third guy would get killed.

In my day in Norman, the two's got the same reps as the one's. But with reduced roster sizes and reduced practice time allowed, it isn't close to the way it is now.

Reactions: Patriotgame
hurts to get embarrassed like this. A proud program humbled.

Been there before though. We can get back to the top of the mountain.

Beville looks like Peyton Manning trying to run the read option. What does he run the 40 in, 5.4?

Last edited:
Ironically a portal transfer from Bama just sacked Iowa qb twice to guarantee a Mechicken win for the blue @ Iowa

This is the biggest blowout OU has faced in a long time

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Never a good reason for ANYONE to put 50 points on us…

this team is a mess mentally with all the overthrows, missed assignments and poor tackling…

Reactions: iasooner2000
Ironically a portal transfer from Bama just sacked Iowa qb twice to guarantee a Mechicken win for the blue @ Iowa

This is the biggest blowout OU has faced in a long time
My freshman year, Steve Owens won the Heisman. But we lost to KState, 59-21, to Mizzou 44-10 and to Nebraska 44-14. It was KState's first win over OU in 35 years. We ran a 4-4-3 defense to try to stop Texas' new wishbone, and we did a good job against their national championship team in 1969. But a three deep against teams in the Big 8 who could throw it was a recipe for disaster. Especially against Mel Gray, Mizzou's great receiver.

Mizzou shared the Big 8 title with Nebraska. That latter won the next two national titles.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We are who we thought we were after K State. Gave up almost 400 yds rushing today. This team doesn't have a pulse right now. Not sure where it goes from here but not much will likely change this season. I have said it from day 1 Roof is a headscratcher but I doubt Brent will make any staff changes before the season is over and may not until forced to do so as is usually the case.
Cupboard was left bare, maybe why Riley bolted. What he didn't poach hit the Portal and we grabbed what we could from the Portal which to me is iffy on what you get. They hit the Portal for a reason, may be some good in there but usually its because they are leaving because they are not good enough to start at the School they are leaving.
We just don't have the talent to work with right now. Need some solid recruiting classes to fix this mess and the flip side is we will lose recruits playing the way we are playing. Just sucks all around.

Cupboard was left bare, maybe why Riley bolted.
I don't buy that for one minute. OU does not have elite talent at the moment, but the talent is commensurate or still better than what Kansas State and TCU have. There is no excuse for this team to get embarrassed the way they did the past two games.

I don't buy that for one minute. OU does not have elite talent at the moment, but the talent is commensurate or still better than what Kansas State and TCU have. There is no excuse for this team to get embarrassed the way they did the past two games.
Not trying to sell anything just my opinion.
If the talent is truly there then some coaches or all of them need to be missing some butt after the past 2 weeks.

Secondary coaches need to go. If we play man they get beat or get a PI call if we play zone there's no pass rush and they pick us apart and we can't tackle. All in all a complete dumpster fire on that side of the ball. Our offense isnt good enough keep us in games like years past.

Dline, is not any good
Online, is fair
Lbs, bad
CB, fair
Safeties, poor
WR, good
TE/HB, fair but QB and play calling, might be to blame
RB, good but not great
QB, below average and no depth

Game prep. Poor to bad
Execution, poor
Play calling, both sides. Bad
Fundamentals, poor

The defense played okay, when he went 3,3,5 but the front 6, didn't help. Missiles, without a target.

I'm not sure there is anyone left on our schedule that we can beat if we continue in this mood. We should call next weekend the "Battle for the Bottom".
Imagine if Texas and OU finish at the bottom of the B12 this year. What would that say about the two programs with the SEC looming?

What showed up on the field today would be hard pressed to beat Vanderbilt. I don’t see a single game left on the OU schedule that I feel comfotable about them winning.

Imagine if Texas and OU finish at the bottom of the B12 this year. What would that say about the two programs with the SEC looming?

What showed up on the field today would be hard pressed to beat Vanderbilt. I don’t see a single game left on the OU schedule that I feel comfotable about them winning.
OU should reject any opportunity to leave the Big XII early. SEC is certain death.

I can't think of a program, that went through 3 coaches in 8 years and didn't fall way off. Not a knock on Venables but the odds say, OU in trouble

I can't think of a program, that went through 3 coaches in 8 years and didn't fall way off. Not a knock on Venables but the odds say, OU in trouble

While that might be true, any time there is rapid turnover like that, it's almost always because at least one of those coaches got fired or run off for poor performance. In this case, the previous two coaches won 80% of their games and had multiple BCS/Playoff appearances and conference championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT