ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VERSUS BAYLOR GAME THREAD*

Gabriel pressing and threw into triple coverage. nice play by Kanak of getting off his block and making a play in the backfield.

Reactions: TXSUX
No. Multiple tipped balls lead to the picks. Gabriel isn't playing poorly considering the way the ball has bounced.
He isnt playing great either. He is lucky he doesnt have 5 in that INT column right now.

OU is still in this one though but to win DG better elevate his game to great in the second half

This is not the same defense that played the last two weeks. This game will be a blowout if they cant get a stop. Pathetic

The defense only gave up 187 yards in the first half, which is less than Baylor's normal production. The problem is that the defense had to play on a short field much of the first half through no fault of their own.

No. Multiple tipped balls lead to the picks. Gabriel isn't playing poorly considering the way the ball

The defense only gave up 187 yards in the first half, which is less than Baylor's normal production. The problem is that the defense had to play on a short field much of the first half through no fault of their own.
They played much better football later in the half, but they are starting the 2nd half just like the first half.

No way OU can win a game when we have these thuggish dumbasses committing stupid penalties on D.

Zero discipline. These guys don't play for each other. And the coaches don't seem to be interested in making adjustments. We'll hang around because we're the more talented team but as we keep digging the hole we eventually won't climb out.

This is likely going to get away from us. How disappointing this season has been. Thought we were growing and bouncing back.

If Im a top DT in the country Why would I play for OU. The guys we have are not getting better, Maybe these 2 guys from Clemson are not very good coaches.
Maybe you're dead wrong. Venables and his staff are playing the hand they've been dealt, which is not a winning hand.
And Baylor is just a bigger and better team that may be on the verge of blowing this game wide open.

Last edited:
Maybe you're dead wrong. Venables and his staff are playing the hand they've been dealt, which is not a winning hand.
And Baylor is just a bigger and better team that's on the verge of blowing this game wide open.
Yes, and in time for the impatient. 👍

Mims out there trying to get himself paralyzed on the punt return.

LOL the broadcaster just said they went with their best player on defense, David U. LOL. Good tackle but far from the best

LOL the broadcaster just said they went with their best player on defense, David U. LOL. Good tackle but far from the best
These broadcasters are garbage, especially the one that bleeds in its pants every month.

And Baylor is just a bigger and better team that's on the verge of blowing this game wide open.
CT

I agree BU looks bigger and stronger but OU has been its own worst enemy today. As much as I cuss the D they havnt been terrible but have given up some big plays. Those 3 INT in first half gave BU way to short of a field. Then the stupid penalty to start 2nd half with BU facing a 3rd and long from inside the Sooner D cost them a shot at holding BU to a FG.

OU just plays with a lack of discipline way to much.

That is arrogant coaching for anybody pointing fingers. We knew they were running and we refused to adjust.

Alot of our D players play with no leverage. On Baylor's last TD run Stutsman allowed himself to get pushed totally up field creating a huge hole that the rb ran right through. Horrible technique

Alot of our D players play with no leverage. On Baylor's last TD run Stutsman allowed himself to get pushed totally up field creating a huge hole that the rb ran right through. Horrible technique

When your flaws are obvious to Ryan Leaf...

But yes they are undisciplined then add in what appear to be frequent effort issues, it's a recipe for a bad season.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’m glad I quit watching after the Texas game. My weekends have been much happier

I thought Bates was a good hire at the time, but now I'm questioning that. The DT's get zero push and have a hard time getting off blocks. He hasn't brought in any recruits, all DL recruits are listed as ends. 260 is the biggest guy we are bringing in next year, thats not going to cut it. That's Grinchs speed D. The talent may not be as good as the last couple of years, but I haven't seen any difference in this defense and the last couple of years. Great coaching overcomes poor talent. Its been 6 months and zero improvements.

I thought Bates was a good hire at the time, but now I'm questioning that. The DT's get zero push and have a hard time getting off blocks. He hasn't brought in any recruits, all DL recruits are listed as ends. 260 is the biggest guy we are bringing in next year, thats not going to cut it. That's Grinchs speed D. The talent may not be as good as the last couple of years, but I haven't seen any difference in this defense and the last couple of years. Great coaching overcomes poor talent. Its been 6 months and zero improvements.
Well why wait? 🤣

CT

I agree BU looks bigger and stronger but OU has been its own worst enemy today. As much as I cuss the D they havnt been terrible but have given up some big plays. Those 3 INT in first half gave BU way to short of a field. Then the stupid penalty to start 2nd half with BU facing a 3rd and long from inside the Sooner D cost them a shot at holding BU to a FG.

OU just plays with a lack of discipline way too much.
As OU did last year, penalties, big plays given up, and today a better team beat them for the reasons we both mentioned.
I'll continue to believe that the 2022 Sooners are in a transition/rebuilding mode and that patience is what we should have with the coaches.
Nick Saban went 7-6 his first year at Alabama as his team lost its last 4 games including its 6th straight to Auburn. Venables' scenario at OU this year has a similar ring to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT