ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #10 - BEDLAM

Why drop 8 into pass protection if you’re leaving guys wide open anyway? May as well all out blitz every play.

Reactions: jhnglyn222
That last osu td was a result of a total lack of effort on our D. I honestly can't believe we are this bad

Rush2112Sooner nailed it. What is the point of only rushing 3 linemen when the receivers are getting wide open with 8 guys dropping back? I am no genius but that is not working. For crying out loud, blitz somebody you idiot Ruffin McFrickingNeal!!!

Reactions: kcstorm06
Since McNeil took over, the defense has yet to blitz any game, sending only 3 or 4 players every down, no matter what. It worked against the poor defenses of TCU and KSU, but TT and OSU are torching us. OU better start blitzing and sending more players in the 2nd half or it's over for us since we botched a chance at 3 points and OSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half. UGH!!!

Any mystery there might be to DB Dax Hill from Tulsa heading to Michigan no longer exists.
What defensive player would want to play where defense is virtually ignored ?

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Anyone who defends the D needs to have his head examined. That last series was just what we should have expected. Nonpressure and it was almost like they was just wanting to get the ball back on offense.

The 2 FG instead of TDs is likely to come back and bite them in the ass. If Riley doesnt make moves in the off season then I think OU is in some serious trouble next year. However no matter who he gets to come in Im not sure they have the players needed. The secondary is just awful.

If McNeil would just send pressure, this defense might actually be able to do some things, but dropping 7 or 8 into zone coverages with no pressure is not working and he should have learned that from the TT game.

So let's just concern ourselves with winning the remaining games and not with making the playoffs. This team, because of its lack of defense, isn't good enough to win a national championship.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Literally just throw the INT deep, it’s as good as a punt. Put it where your WR has a shot.

OU's Defense. Like a sieve.

shutterstock_51731689.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT