ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL CFP GAME THREAD - OU vs. Georgia - ROSE BOWL

17 points wasn't enough for Mike Stoops.

Now get some players, get some guys coached up. Good luck to our new defensive coordinator. Who will Riley go after, most are taken

Reactions: iasooner1
17 points wasn't enough for Mike Stoops.

Now get some players, get some guys coached up. Good luck to our new defensive coordinator. Who will Riley go after, most are taken
We put that much points on a mighty SEC defense and still lose.i can’t believe it

We have played 3rd quarters like this all season. I'm good, even though disappointed. I never thought we would get to the playoff this year so it's been a great year.

I'm with you. We looked like crap playing Baylor, Texass and letting ISU back. I never thought we were a National Championship team.

It's time for a change on defense,that means Mike has to go.Could it be any worse?I really thought we had them in overtime and then Lincoln went full choke mode.

It's time for a change on defense,that means Mike has to go.Could it be any worse?I really thought we had them in overtime and then Lincoln went full choke mode.
Yeah but we shouldn’t have to put everything on our offensive. We was up by 17 points

It's been a fantastically entertaining and productive year this year, so I'm not going to tackle anyone tonight.

I do wonder, however, just how long Coach Riley will want to continue wearing the [rather worn] OU hairshirt?

Bullshit. OU scores 31 points the first half then goes dead. This loss is on the offense not Mike. And I’m not a Mike Stoops fan. But it is what it is.

Its on both IMHO. Lincoln went conservative in 2nd half and needs to learn to keep the pedal to the floor until at least midway into the 4th. He went very conservative in OT and actually took the ball out of Bakers hands. If OU gets a first down late in the 4th OU uses lots more clock but why run when Baker is so good on those 3 yard routes?

But Mike needs to be gone period. His defenses have been just awful for quite a few years now. Im proud of this team but man when does someone finally get balls to fire Mike.

Bullshit. OU scores 31 points the first half then goes dead. This loss is on the offense not Mike. And I’m not a Mike Stoops fan. But it is what it is.

I don't know. The Dawg HC is/was a great defensive coach. He made adjustments that was very effective. I have to give it up to an opponent that can make those adjustments. On a different note, I don't think this was a great Baker game and we all knew going into this game, that this particular OU team was as only as good as Baker's play. Perhaps it was the flu, I'm not sure but he struggled at times. BTW, the option OU ran was poorly, poorly executed. Not a bad call timing wise just poorly executed several times.

Bottomline, after being hit in the mouth for 24 unanswered points, we finally shook off the shock and awe and took them to Double OT. It just wasn't to be. But I sure had a great season of goodtiming it though. Proud to be a Sooner fan!

If it was discussed, my bad, but did anyone notice what looked like a facemask against Rodney Anderson on the 3rd down prior to Georgia's game tying possession at the end of regulation? Had OU gotten the call the outcome certainly could have been different.

If it was discussed, my bad, but did anyone notice what looked like a facemask against Rodney Anderson on the 3rd down prior to Georgia's game tying possession at the end of regulation? Had OU gotten the call the outcome certainly could have been different.

Yes I noticed. It was a scrape across the mask but not a grab and hold. I was OK with a non-call in that situation. I think the refs held their flags on several things that COULD have been called but they were letting the play decide the game. I'm OK with that as long as it wasn't egregious, and this facemask wasn't.

That’s all Oklahoma needed.

Great game. Your RB was shredding us, though still odd for Mayfield to get so little of an opportunity in OT to throw the ball. Might have been a different outcome if he'd been allowed to do what he's done all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT