ADVERTISEMENT

NY Post speculation about Nick Saban....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Article titled "Why Giants could pull the trigger on Nick Saban plan if losses pile up".
Saban's 65 years old, has a great setup at Alabama financially, has the best resources of any coach in America and with his thin skin towards the media in Alabama, he would be even more annoyed by the NYC media. He would be crazy to leave Alabama for any NFL job and/or the hope of adding a Super Bowl ring to his legacy.
The article mentions how Saban's "stern approach" might be a problem in dealing with today's players in the NFL....as it was when he coached the Dolphins to a 15-17 record years ago. Personally, I don't see any college or pro coach being "stern" with players anymore given the crap I watch or hear of on and off the field these days.
Bottom line: Saban will remain at Alabama until he retires from football altogether. Sorry Giants.

Reactions: Oklabama
Article titled "Why Giants could pull the trigger on Nick Saban plan if losses pile up".
Saban's 65 years old, has a great setup at Alabama financially, has the best resources of any coach in America and with his thin skin towards the media in Alabama, he would be even more annoyed by the NYC media. He would be crazy to leave Alabama for any NFL job and/or the hope of adding a Super Bowl ring to his legacy.
The article mentions how Saban's "stern approach" might be a problem in dealing with today's players in the NFL....as it was when he coached the Dolphins to a 15-17 record years ago. Personally, I don't see any college or pro coach being "stern" with players anymore given the crap I watch or hear of on and off the field these days.
Bottom line: Saban will remain at Alabama until he retires from football altogether. Sorry Giants.

I agree Saban won't go back to the pros. He has it made with SEC and Bama

The one thing I disagree with is how coaches aren't stern. Didn't Stoops just suspend Mixon? That is just one example

I agree Saban won't go back to the pros. He has it made with SEC and Bama

The one thing I disagree with is how coaches aren't stern. Didn't Stoops just suspend Mixon? That is just one example

I am pretty sure CT was talking about the NFL players not being a good fit for Saben who likes to control everything around him

I just don't see Saban heading to the NFL again. He made his one run at it, and think he has a bad taste in his mouth from it. I think he realizes he landed in about the best spot on the planet to build his college coaching legacy at Alabama. He is heading towards becoming literally the best college coach in history.

Actually, CT said "any college or pro coach being "stern" with players anymore".
"Being stern with players....given the crap I watch and hear of ON AND OFF THE FIELD ". Having to suspend players is the issue with me, and OU has suspended Jordan Thomas, Dimon, Roberts and Mixon just this year alone.
Personal fouls and careless play have also been in play. Dropping the ball before crossing the goal line and late hits are commonplace everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT