ADVERTISEMENT

Notes From Under Armour

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK guys, going to keep adding to this as the day goes on but wanted to get some initial thoughts down on some buzz of the past few days.

*Perhaps most interestingly was talking to a few Texas reporters who, like me, were a bit surprised that the Sooners and Longhorns were having a junior day on the same day - March 25 - as the two usually cut each other a wide swath.

And the note that they both came away with?

"It sure seems like a lot more are going to Oklahoma than Texas."

**One guy who really is excited about his trip to Norman in a few weeks is Lewisville, Texas 2025 future Rivals100 offensive tackle Michael Fasusi. He's got a lot of respect for the Sooners and talked to me some about his beliefs and wanting a family feel. I'll have a full interview coming up but just in speaking with him he feels like a guy who may fall in love a bit with Brent Venables and co.

He's an outstanding young talent and would be big for Oklahoma or anyone.

***A guy that seems to be trending in a different direction is Daniel Cruz whose only confirmed visits at this point are an unofficial to Texas and an official to Austin as well. He told me - in a SCOOPHD interview that we'll run soon - that he has plans to get back up to Norman and repeatedly said the Sooners 'felt like home' but he's not been up in a while and has been to Texas recently. For him to then get back to Austin before Norman seems something of a red flag.

****I spoke with Kevin Sperry, in another SCOOPHD interview we'll have this week, and kind of put him on the spot on some rumors that even many of you have heard about him making a decision during his March 23 visit to Norman, and I can't say that he was able to refute it all that successfully. It was a big part of my forecast going in for him.

*****A guy that I was just blown away with his performance was Midlothian, Texas Rivals250 wide receiver Bryant Wesco. And in speaking to multiple people there's an overwhelming feeling by many that the Sooners are going to be near impossible to beat.

I'm not sure I'm that far down the road as I think TCU and Malcolm Kelly have impressed him a lot but it feels like most familiar with his recruitment feel that Oklahoma's a very likely eventual choice for him. That's not exactly earth shattering news but it's a sign that not much is changing with the pattern of his recruitment at the moment.

******A name in 2025 that you all need to keep on your radar is Colleyville (Texas) Heritage speed running back Riley Wormley. We'll have more with him soon - again, SCOOPHD - but he kind of snuck in, without much discussion of it, to Norman on March 4 and came away glowing about his relationship. I think it means a lot to him that Demarco Murray has put in so much work for him already prior to him really stepping to the national stage as a recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News