ADVERTISEMENT

New to the board

td71sooner

Sooner commitment
Oct 10, 2015
I've been reading everyone's post for several years. What a great forum. Today was so disappointing. This seems to happen more often than not. Poor play on both offense and defense. While the players share some responsibility, I can't help but feel we are experiencing a continuation of poor coaching. What does it take to turn this around?

Reactions: iasooner1
I've been reading everyone's post for several years. What a great forum. Today was so disappointing. This seems to happen more often than not. Poor play on both offense and defense. While the players share some responsibility, I can't help but feel we are experiencing a continuation of poor coaching. What does it take to turn this around?
Seems like every time we think they have it turned around another loss comes up and bites us. I recall beating Florida State down there only to fall apart later in the year. We all thought the Bama win was a huge step but it turned out to be a mirage. We beat Tennessee only to lay an egg today. Now we have TCU and Baylor on the horizon which could be a disaster. What will it take? I have absolutely no idea anymore

After the mandated NCAA 5 years on the job, Phil Fulmer at Tennessee had the highest active won-lost winning percentage in major college football. In year six began his fade to a dim memory.

Just like Fulmer, OU is chalking up the "how could this possibly happen?" losses and we don't recruit anymore.

Reactions: veritas59
We learned long ago to not confuse Senior Sooner with seniorsooner.
Now we need to learn that LongTimeSooner is different than long-time-sooner.

Welcome to the board long-time-sooner.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
We learned long ago to not confuse Senior Sooner with seniorsooner.
Now we need to learn that LongTimeSooner is different than long-time-sooner.

Welcome to the board long-time-sooner.

22...You struck a nerve with this one! I have been wondering if anyone has any news about seniorsooner...I haven't seen any posts or comments from him for tooooo long. I hope he is Happy and Healthy and will give someone a Shout-Out letting us know that about him...Inquiring minds...

We seem to get the "blind squirrel finding an acorn" win each year, but we're missing the solid play game after game. The Texas game was full of poor fundamental play from blocking to tackling. Add to that Texas came in with a specific plan to handle Oklahoma, but Oklahoma seemed to have no specific plan. I know our coaches can get it done, it just appears they no longer are motivated to do so.

We seem to get the "blind squirrel finding an acorn" win each year, but we're missing the solid play game after game. The Texas game was full of poor fundamental play from blocking to tackling. Add to that Texas came in with a specific plan to handle Oklahoma, but Oklahoma seemed to have no specific plan. I know our coaches can get it done, it just appears they no longer are motivated to do so.
We seem to go around and around about OU's many issues, but I will always believe everything starts with coaching and then trickles into every other part of the program.....and then into every element within the games themselves.
Poor tackling and poor blocking are a death sentence to success. Those are basic techniques that should be instilled and perfected by coaching. Without them, only failure results.
You can't convince me that OU doesn't have talent in any one area. These players had great resumes in high school and were heavily recruited. They came to OU knowing of the challenges and knowing they were recruited to play against other great teams in big games.
That's always been the case at OU. I think it still is.
There seems to be stagnation within the program, even with numerous changes in the coaching staff and more facility upgrades in the works. The product on the field does not reflect good coaching and I'm am seeing some good talent being wasted.
Texas only won by 7 points on the scoreboard, but it still manhandled OU on the offensive and defensive lines. Only Mayfield's desperate play kept the score respectable.
It is my hope that the coaches and players can learn from this defeat and become a better team....soon.

We seem to go around and around about OU's many issues, but I will always believe everything starts with coaching and then trickles into every other part of the program.....and then into every element within the games themselves.
Poor tackling and poor blocking are a death sentence to success. Those are basic techniques that should be instilled and perfected by coaching. Without them, only failure results.
You can't convince me that OU doesn't have talent in any one area. These players had great resumes in high school and were heavily recruited. They came to OU knowing of the challenges and knowing they were recruited to play against other great teams in big games.
That's always been the case at OU. I think it still is.
There seems to be stagnation within the program, even with numerous changes in the coaching staff and more facility upgrades in the works. The product on the field does not reflect good coaching and I'm am seeing some good talent being wasted.
Texas only won by 7 points on the scoreboard, but it still manhandled OU on the offensive and defensive lines. Only Mayfield's desperate play kept the score respectable.
It is my hope that the coaches and players can learn from this defeat and become a better team....soon.

Solid post CT. I know OUs offensive line is young and it was a rebuild job this year. But man what we saw yesterday was just beyond abysmal. It was just terrible. Awful!!! Horrendous!!! It looked almost like these kids were true freshman after playing offensive line in high school or a year or two. All these kids have been in the program for over a year since they are all RS FR or higher. Did the coaches teach these kids anything since they have been on campus????

Solid post CT. I know OUs offensive line is young and it was a rebuild job this year. But man what we saw yesterday was just beyond abysmal. It was just terrible. Awful!!! Horrendous!!! It looked almost like these kids were true freshman after playing offensive line in high school or a year or two. All these kids have been in the program for over a year since they are all RS FR or higher. Did the coaches teach these kids anything since they have been on campus????
lol nice tag line BR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT