ADVERTISEMENT

New format. What do you think?

While there may be some advantages to the new format, whether I approve of them or not remains to be seen and is at best barely marginal. Can we somehow switch to 'topic view' or are we forever doomed to be in this stinking thread view? Do we at least have the ability to attach audio clips (not that I am even the slightest bit tech savvy enough to achieve since k2c still has not taught me) because dammit, one can never get enough COWBELL!!!

Really strange format. Parts of it appear like it's made for the elderly with poor eyesight, then other mixed in parts are normal font, and others in even smaller font. Just not a very good "flow" to it all....really fragmented.

Last edited:
I saw that Gramps took a test. I suppose he passed because he is posting. I hope I can pass. Going to hunt and peck until I can figure this new operating system. Where is Windows XP when I need it?

Right now, I dislike it a lot. Later, after I learn how everything works, I may just dislike it a little. I've never understood why a place as prominent as Rivals has such a lack of understanding about the best general function of a message board. For years, the default forum was the on that listed every reply like an outline, which was horribly cumbersome. You had to leave default to easily navigate.

Now my primary dislike is about two things. One is switching from one forum to another. The former paradigm allowed and easy click to a little window to go from one to another. I don't see that here. Maybe I'll figure that out.

But the number one dislike is how much space each listing takes. Formerly, I could see 15 or 20 threads on a page. Now it's about half that.

I guess we finally gained the ability to send PMs, which is good. But we still can't post pics from our computer.

It will likely grow on me, but I don't see that we've gained much in the switch.

Reactions: NWBoomer
Looks like the same old 22

It's nothing to get hurt over. Just an observation. Since the day you arrived, I argued those people who insisted that you were the same guy. I insisted that you guys were different people. Yes, same posting style. Same style of out-of-the-blue B.S. emails (when nobody else sends them to me). Now this cool new Rivals format shows that you guys joined on the same day. That is too coincidental. Maybe you are different people, but you obviously have been buds before you came to SoonerScoop. Nothing wrong with that. Good day my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
It's nothing to get hurt over. Just an observation. Since the day you arrived, I argued those people who insisted that you were the same guy. I insisted that you guys were different people. Yes, same posting style. Same style of out-of-the-blue B.S. emails (when nobody else sends them to me). Now this cool new Rivals format shows that you guys joined on the same day. That is too coincidental. Maybe you are different people, but you obviously have been buds before you came to SoonerScoop. Nothing wrong with that. Good day my friend.
Not hurt at all I just thought it was funny.

Reactions: BillyRay
um 22, Barking and I also used to post on soonerfans.com for years (and still do occassionally) and he informed me of Soonerscoop. In fact, when i first started posting on here we both made mention of this several times. Anyways, i also got a good chuckle. have a good day buddy

Reactions: BillyRay
um 22, Barking and I also used to post on soonerfans.com for years (and still do occassionally) and he informed me of Soonerscoop. In fact, when i first started posting on here we both made mention of this several times. Anyways, i also got a good chuckle. have a good day buddy

Thanks Buddy. That is certainly a reasonable and plausible explanation. I actually believe you. (Not that it has any importance to you.) Good day amigo.

Now if only we could get Medic007 on board. I think he has been going without one of the essential male activities lately. ;)

barking and yankee...

You guys have certainly changed your posting styles for the better. My question is why you guys don't disclose how you know each other. I think folks on here would appreciate knowing the story. Plenty of others have discussed their preexisting relationships with other posters, such as iasooner and Schoonerman knowing each other since before dirt was invented. I talk to iasooner all the time myself. He's always making derogatory comments on my Facebook page as well.

Not saying you have to or anything but sometimes the story is worth sharing. I'm 99% sure I know the answer but would never divulge it.

Well, here's the deal.
Barking and Yankee used to do children's parties as a fake horse named Mr. Eddie.
They'd take turns...one would be the front guy then the next time the other would be the front guy.
Turns out their act fell apart when Yankee, knowing he was going to be the front guy would eat about four bean burritos and a couple of boiled eggs and totally gas BW there behind him.
Never mind the stench was inside the whole 'horse'.
Even the kids started asking, "What's that stink, what's that stink?".

Anyway, as they say...what might have been...:rolleyes:

Well, here's the deal.
Barking and Yankee used to do children's parties as a fake horse named Mr. Eddie.
They'd take turns...one would be the front guy then the next time the other would be the front guy.
Turns out their act fell apart when Yankee, knowing he was going to be the front guy would eat about four bean burritos and a couple of boiled eggs and totally gas BW there behind him.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board....bar none. I'm still laughing.

I can't quit laughing................

Well, here's the deal.

I swear I did not tell fitty. Even when we were drunk. Fitty, if you've hacked my stuff again I'm going to throat punch you in the uterus.

Oh, BTW thanks iasooner1.
As I shared with the fellows on the Crimson Corner...that buxom gal has fallen from grace and I'm mentoring her back to respectable societal norms.
Well, at least that's what I'm telling her distraught parents...hope I can save her from her innate, sinful predisposition...it's what I do..:)

Last edited:
only thing I can say is the topic I started on "OT music guys" part of the text of my message is missing. but I posted it before the change! and you can't see who is on!

After my youngest was born in 1999, when I was 47, my ex pretty much insisted I have a clip job. I think her words were snip snip. Otherwise, I wasn't going to get to touch her ever again. And besides, I kept being told it wouldn't hurt. After I sat in pain for several days after, it came to me that all the advisers telling me that it wouldn't hurt were her friends. Her female friends.

And there wasn't much touching anyway, which is a large part of the reason that she is now my ex.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT