ADVERTISEMENT

More playing time for Brooks in 2015?

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Daniel Brooks has been the star of the last two Spring Games. I realize that I should not get too excited about the Spring Game, but Brooks really took advantage (again) of the opportunity and showed why he needs to get some touches this season. Although the fumble at the goal line doesn't help his cause, he ran well enough to show why he deserves more playing time next season. He could compete for and probably start for many D-1 programs.

Samaje is clearly #1 and Ross is in the #2 spot right now. With Ford and Alexander out and Mixon is still an unknown commodity, so if Brooks competes well in August, he might find himself moving up the depth chart and getting the chance to play more in 2015.

Mixon wasn't allowed to participate. I can't see Brooks seeing the field with Perine, Ross, and Mixon on the roster. Too bad because he could probably get some playing time at another school.

Don't forget his goal line fumble that cost him a touchdown. That sort of thing was more important than his 150 yards. If Perine had been able to go full go, he'd have had a good bit more.

Don't be surprised if Mixon is the best running back on the team next year. The guy is special.

I don't think Ross will be number two or even number three next season. And I think there is a chance that Ford will be back. We'll see. Maybe if he could catch it a little. Brooks could get a look in the slot.

Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
You're better than this OP!

This post was edited on 4/12 4:43 PM by Drewcristo78
cristo,

Just trying to get some discussion going about our RBs and where Brooks may wind up on the depth chart, but looks like I failed or no one was really interested in the topic.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Was he at least dressed (in unis)?

He wasnt dressed out but did have on his #25 jersey, kid looked to be in great shape.

Originally posted by Schoonerman:
Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
You're better than this OP!

This post was edited on 4/12 4:43 PM by Drewcristo78
cristo,

Just trying to get some discussion going about our RBs and where Brooks may wind up on the depth chart, but looks like I failed or no one was really interested in the topic.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Lol! I know Schooner. I was just messing with you. I'm excited to see the shovel pass back, reminds of the 2000 year!

I don't know about that. Brooks looked A LOT better than Ross running the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT