ADVERTISEMENT

Mordecai entered transfer portal

Not surprised, especially with Chandler Morris seeing action last night.
This has nothing to do with Morris

If Rattler went down it was going to be Mordecai

That was a nice trick play though - when Rattler pretended he was hurt

Did the same thing vs Ohio State with Baker/Kyler

This has nothing to do with Morris

If Rattler went down it was going to be Mordecai

That was a nice trick play though - when Rattler pretended he was hurt

Did the same thing vs Ohio State with Baker/Kyler
It has something to do with Morris since Mordecai, with his quality backup time this year over Morris, is transferring....and not because of one play by Morris.
Mordecai has been a good backup, but he might believe he's the third best QB on the team and soon to be the 4th best when Caleb Williams arrives. I think he made a wise decision and can be a good starting QB somewhere else.
It was a nice trick play and was made possible by Morris having more speed than the other two QBs.

Morris seemed to have more confidence when he got into the game. Is Caleb Williams redshirting in 2021?
My guess is he will not redshirt and play backup, with the possibility of Rattler leaving after the 2021 season. How that would affect Morris is unknown.
I'm of the opinion that Morris can play well for any team in the country, but to say he has competition at OU is the understatement of the year.

I'm sure the coaches already knew Mordecai was transferring before saturdays game. Probably why Morris got the nod

I'm sure the coaches already knew Mordecai was transferring before Saturday's game. Probably why Morris got the nod
Perhaps.
But the most important thing to know is OU's depth at quarterback next year with three studs in the mix trumps any I have seen at OU.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I never saw anything special about Mordecai.

In fairness to Tanner, he was not going to see the field much. If Rattler’s injury had been more severe, he may have picked up a few games. Wish him all the best.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT