ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 12:50)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 12:50p - Have heard more and more smoke about Alabama's Jay Valai becoming Oklahoma's cornerbacks coach.

I don't expect anything official to come until after Alabama is done but it's enough for me to feel like something will really have to change for it not to be Valai.

ORIGINAL: Ok all, just to summarize the last 12 hours of my life (aside from traveling with kids and doing family Christmas all over Oklahoma, ha.)...

Yes they're are a pair of players who have given plenty of indication that Oklahoma will be their future home.

I think you all will be pleased with both but if not feel free to yell at me about it.

The other four that have been rumored to this point are just kind of that. They have not, to my most recent conversations, been relayed to the staff.

I know we have LOTS of new members but I want people to understand that we aren't ever going to be in the business of ruining a player's commitment. That is their news to release how they want to (through us or otherwise).

Two of the other rumored four, I'm guessing you all could put together fairly easily as well.

But again of those rumored four don't get too crazy just yet as it's pretty far from official at this point. And as I've said several times this morning 17 year olds who have known each other for a very short amount of time and/or have never met face to face have just as much accountability as any of us would have at that age. Just because they are recruits doesn't change that.

Just be patient as I'm not expecting any of this to break out any time soon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News