ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon

BillyRay

Sooner starter
Jul 14, 2001
Just a bit outside the Metroplex...
Is there any doubt that Mixon is the most versatile and explosive play maker OU has on offense right now?? Really glad to see Riley make a priority to get him the ball much more than he has prior to the TCU game. Every time Mixon touches the ball, it's just a home run waiting to happen. If Mixon leaves after this season, then it's almost criminal that his career numbers won't reflect what unbelievable play making ability he has.

Encouraging.

But tempering my enthusiasm for Riley with the realization that this is not a vintage Gary Patterson D. Lest anyone forget, the Frogs opened the year giving up 41 points to South Dakota State (who also lost to Cal Poly). We should have scored 50.

And my gawd Mayfield needs to do a better job of protecting the ball.

Only being overly critical here as the offense can be tweaked/improved...the D is a lost cause.

Mixon is a stud, he's the new Demarco Murray, he can do it all.

However, I thought Perine was the better option in the 4th quarter. TCU defense was gassed and Perine getting the rock would cement the end of the game. Second and third level TCU players didn't want anything to do with Perine and Perine getting 3-5 yards everytime he touched the ball, was demoralizing the TCU defense. We didn't need or want any breakout plays. Just ram it down their throats and wear them out.

I like having two elite backs, especially with some degree of contrasting running styles as Perine and Mixon have. The one common denominator these two share is their balance and toughness: tackling Perine is like tackling a bus....tackling Mixon is like tackling a Clydesdale.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
One thing Bob and his coaches have been good at, is pick star quality receiver and running backs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT