ADVERTISEMENT

MIXON to hold news conference

Mixon's right to go anywhere is not an issue here. He entered the restaurant and went straight to Molitor's table and did not require Molitor motioning him to approach her to do so.
Had Mixon not been suspended his freshman year, I'm sure he would have recovered from his injuries rendered by Molitor's "assault" by the opening game. Just a hunch.
One more time, both parties are to blame here. The confrontation could have and should have ended outside the restaurant (and who started it outside ?).
If I were a D-1 football player at 6'2" 207 lbs (white or black), playing for and representing both a team and a university........I wouldn't pursue a confrontation with a drunken coed, regardless of ANY words spoken to me. I wouldn't be dumb enough to get close to her with so much at stake. Short of pulling a weapon on him, there's no harm to Mixon that she could have rendered.
This may cheer you up: there's a good chance Molitor may ultimately pay more for her misdeed than Mixon, above and beyond a broken face from a near-lethal punch. Her future is stained as well. How will prospective employers view her during interviews? She also may be wise to live outside of Oklahoma in the future, while Mixon ultimately plays in the NFL.
That's a real good idea of yours to have Stoops, Boren and Mixon "going Donald Trump" to the media. That would accomplish a lot of good and would be a great image builder for OU. That's just what needs to be done. You should run this by Stoops asap.

More IF... I mean more tits on my uncle. Man up. ( pun intended) Get over it.

More IF... I mean more tits on my uncle. Man up. ( pun intended) Get over it.
I'm sure you got CT with that advice.

You wouldn't be the spittin' image of your uncle now would you?

Could it really be you that needs to man up and get over it and not CT?

There seem to be some that prefer to rough up and objectify their women. No?

I'm sure you got CT with that advice.

You wouldn't be the spittin' image of your uncle now would you?

Could it really be you that needs to man up and get over it and not CT?

Yeah that's me FtWorth, I beat the old lady daily. Sometimes for nothing. As usual, you've missed my point. Bob Stoops, Joe Mixon, OU, myself, & most fans are moving on with or without you. The media will be doing the same thing. I hope you & CT can continue to support OU. But something tells me that you'll take a break of your hypocrisy to cheer Mixon TD(s) at the Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Sure there are. I haven't seen them posting here... Joe Mixon didn't rough up and objectify his woman, either... She was not then, and I'm sure will never be, "his woman."

Yeah that's me FtWorth, I beat the old lady daily. Sometimes for nothing. As usual, you've missed my point. Bob Stoops, Joe Mixon, OU, myself, & most fans are moving on with or without you. The media will be doing the same thing. I hope you & CT can continue to support OU. But something tells me that you'll take a break of your hypocrisy to cheer Mixon TD(s) at the Sugar Bowl.
How is "hypocrisy" involved in this ?
I have and will continue to be a lifelong fan. It's been that way through numerous probations and off-the-field issues at OU in my life.
But please, go ahead and move on.

Reactions: WP76
LOL. No, I didn't miss your point. Just noting you give humorous advice which continues above.

Sure there are. I haven't seen them posting here... Joe Mixon didn't rough up and objectify his woman, either... She was not then, and I'm sure will never be, "his woman."
She
But, she was "a woman" that he unnecessarily and intentionally brutalized. FWIW, just because you "haven't seen them posting here" doesn't mean they don't. FTR, I never said Mia was "his woman".

She

But, she was "a woman" that he unnecessarily and intentionally brutalized. FWIW, just because you "haven't seen them posting here" doesn't mean they don't. FTR, I never said Mia was "his woman".
She was also a convicted felon on probation and awaiting sentencing when she "assaulted" Joe Mixon.

The idea that his reaction should be "more appropriate" is laughable at best. He is not a trained law enforcement officer, yet if she had been laid out by a cop there would be little to no uproar...

She was also a convicted felon on probation and awaiting sentencing when she "assaulted" Joe Mixon.

The idea that his reaction should be "more appropriate" is laughable at best. He is not a trained law enforcement officer, yet if she had been laid out by a cop there would be little to no uproar...
Your 1st sentence, imho, is irrelevant to the savagery inflicted upon her. I've conveyed this previously. Being a felon on probation...is no reason for a woman or anyone especially considering her stature to be so brutalized.

In a criminal court, I'm sure she will receive her just due for her history and negligent actions at the restaurant. Civilly, I believe she will need an armored truck to contain the award she will likely receive from a jury. Witness testimony will be key.

As for the "laughable at best", laugh on. I have no issue with you there. Opinions are opinions and some simply view others in a humorous manner. That's life.

I'm no Molitor fan at all and she was very wrong in committing legal assault against Mixon. But, one doesn't have to be a trained law enforcement officer to understand that it is unacceptable for a massively built male athlete to maul anyone unnecessarily but especially a woman that is such a petite, and perhaps intoxicated, girly-girl. He knew or should've known from the minor force of her push and mild slap that she couldn't do any potential real harm to him.

JMHO.

Last edited:
Your 1st sentence, imho, is irrelevant to the savagery inflicted upon her. I've conveyed this previously. Being a felon on probation...is no reason for a woman or anyone especially considering her stature to be so brutalized.

In a criminal court, I'm sure she will receive her just due for her history and negligent actions at the restaurant. Civilly, I believe she will need an armored truck to contain the award she will likely receive from a jury.

As for the "laughable at best", laugh on. I have no issue with you there. Opinions are opinions and some simply view others in a humorous manner.

I'm no Molitor fan at all and she was very wrong in committing legal assault against Mixon. But, one doesn't have to be a trained law enforcement officer to understand that it is unacceptable for a massively built male athlete to maul anyone unnecessarily but especially a woman that is such a petite, and perhaps intoxicated, girly-girl. He knew or should've known from the minor force of her push and mild slap that she couldn't do any potential real harm to him.

She won't be charged criminally. She won't have her probation revoked, as both probationary periods have now been completed.

She could do no harm to him, you say... funny, I've seen many females of small stature inflict serious damage to people bigger than Joe Mixon. They use knives, forks, and other items. Would you feel differently if she had put his eye out?

She won't be charged criminally. She won't have her probation revoked, as both probationary periods have now been completed.

She could do no harm to him, you say... funny, I've seen many females of small stature inflict serious damage to people bigger than Joe Mixon. They use knives, forks, and other items. Would you feel differently if she had put his eye out?
Molitor did not have a knife or fork or other item. All she had was a big mouth in a state of drunkenness.
She's no doubt a person with a lot of baggage.
Much is unknown about what was exchanged before Mixon and Molitor entered the restaurant. But my feeling is that Molitor should have kept his distance from her.
And why would he make a remark to Molitor 's gay friend to provoke her verbal and physical retaliation ?
I believe if Mixon was the least capable player on the roster that night if anyone here would be sympathetic towards him. How's THAT for hypocrisy ?

But, she clearly, imho, was not one of those females at that moment.

She clearly had no visible weapon in her possession (she possibly had long fingernails but didn't appear to use them), she didn't punch or kick him between the legs, she didn't strike him in the face/eyes, and she didn't use any martial arts type maneuvers. She posed no reasonable threat to him. She was exactly what he saw and the video portrayed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, some small statured females can be dangerous. But, she was frail and seemed to have significant difficulty simply standing up. He seemed to be highly annoyed as if a fly was in his midst and eliminated the aggravation with extreme and unreasonable prejudice. Again, imho.

And why would he make a remark to Molitor 's gay friend to provoke her verbal and physical retaliation ?
I believe if Mixon was the least capable player on the roster that night if anyone here would be sympathetic towards him. How's THAT for hypocrisy ?
Why do you make remarks? Why do you remark to my comments?

I don't care who it is. One person assaulted another and in turn got KO'd. You don't like the force that one punch had behind it, yet NO ONE HAS YET TO SUGGEST IT IS OKAY FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING TO ASSAULT ANOTHER.

If you don't like that, then petition the state of Oklahoma to change the law to say it is okay for a woman to hit a man. Make it say he can't defend himself. Right now, it doesn't. It probably never will.

I'm sorry, but if you attack someone and get knocked out with one punch, I'm not going to feel sorry for you. My sympathies for Amelia Molitor are rather simple. I feel sorry for drug addicts.

I feel sympathetic towards anyone who is falsely charged of a crime, whether they play RB for OU or are a homeless guy.

she didn't strike him in the face/eyes, and she didn't use any martial arts type maneuvers. She posed no reasonable threat to him.
She slapped him in the face.

I didn't realize the law required one use martial arts before they constitute a threat... I couldn't find that anywhere.

What exactly "poses a threat?" A third attack? A fourth? A weapon?

Would it have been okay for an OU softball player to knock her out?

But, she clearly, imho, was not one of those females at that moment.

She clearly had no visible weapon in her possession (she possibly had long fingernails but didn't appear to use them), she didn't punch or kick him between the legs, she didn't strike him in the face/eyes, and she didn't use any martial arts type maneuvers. She posed no reasonable threat to him. She was exactly what he saw and the video portrayed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, some small statured females can be dangerous. But, she was frail and seemed to have significant difficulty simply standing up. He seemed to be highly annoyed as if a fly was in his midst and eliminated the aggravation with extreme and unreasonable prejudice. Again, imho.

The bottom line is Joe apologised publicly and asked for forgiveness. Have you forgiven him? It sure doesn't sound like it if you have.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
The bottom line is Joe apologised publicly and asked for forgiveness. Have you forgiven him? It sure doesn't sound like it if you have.
I forgive all transgressions and I believe in 2nd chances always and I've posted this. You would know this if you've been reading this and similar threads. My opinion on the video just differs from some. I forgive as I am forgiven.

I forgive all transgressions and I believe in 2nd chances always and I've posted this. You would know this if you've been reading this and similar threads. My opinion on the video just differs from some. I forgive as I am forgiven.

If you forgive him......then it's a dead issue to even debate. And I have see where you have said you believe in second chances. But I also see you here still arguing a dying point. The reason is he asked for yours mine and everyone's forgiveness, if you have forgiven him as you say.....there is nothing left for you to debate. Right?

If you forgive him......then it's a dead issue to even debate. And I have see where you have said you believe in second chances. But I also see you here still arguing a dying point. The reason is he asked for yours mine and everyone's forgiveness, if you have forgiven him as you say.....there is nothing left for you to debate. Right?
When others respond to me I generally follow up with them. Point-counterpoint which I believe you would agree can extend a debate. Debating/offering opinions is a long-standing tradition here and is why the Scoop exists. Debates are often spirited as in the Molitor-Mixon altercation. Everyone has their view. That said, I doubt I have anything further to say as I believe I've run out of gas.

Whether the debate is on-going is based on the potential for continued responders and the substance of their responses. Perhaps, like you posted, it is dead but will only truly be if allowed to be. This is, after all, an opinionated forum and we're all just doing our part to hopefully make it unique and thrive. If it is dead to you, I'm fine with that and I respect your POV.

Respectfully, your next to last sentence Will Robinson does not compute as they're two distinct and separate issues..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT