ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon or Perine to return in 2017

Which one would you prefer If only one returns?

• Perine

• Mixon

Results are only viewable after voting.
It would be great to have both back next year. Both of them are great players and complement each other in the backfield. I love how physical they run.

Reactions: BillyRay
It would be great to have both back next year. Both of them are great players and complement each other in the backfield. I love how physical they run.
Agree.....and Abdul Adams and Rodney Anderson are available as well. This will, if all are healthy, allow OU to redshirt the three incoming backs (Brooks, Sermon and Sutton).

Reactions: BillyRay
People tend to hold athletes to a different standard. If they held everyone to the same standard, several men wouldn't be able to work again. You know that a lot of society is fake and hypocritical.
My history keeps many from giving me a job. I made my own. Now I give other undesirables jobs. It has burned me a few times. I still do it today, and I have no regrets.

I'm trying to figure out when Perine has ever dropped a pass? Mixon has dropped 2 sure Td's. Perine is just as good a back as Mixon, I give the edge to Perine he's a stronger runner.

My history keeps many from giving me a job. I made my own. Now I give other undesirables jobs. It has burned me a few times. I still do it today, and I have no regrets.

As I watched the tape a few times, I couldn't help but wonder if she would have pushed and slapped another girl. Women tend to assault men with impunity. If they give women the same repercussions as men get for assault, I doubt she slaps or pushes him...but she felt enabled and entitled. They both learned a valuable lesson. She will keep her hands to herself next time, and he'll call the police if a woman assaults him. Society needs to stop acting as if it's ok for her to hit him, simply because he is the stronger being; as it could result in her getting knocked out. I don't agree with his actions (although I understand), but I've seen worse from unprovoked police, and these same people are ok with it.

Last edited:
Perine would be my choice. But it doesn't really matter. Riley has proven he can design played with both styles of RBs.

Reactions: iasooner1
Adams looks to be another great back and with Flowers returning, if even both Perine and Mixon declare, I don't believe it's catastrophic.
I think if both Mixon and Perine declare, I would feel better if a established WR was returning. But Westbrook is leaving also. Hate the idea of losing the top WR, Mixon and Perine all in one shot. Not to mention also losing Lewis, which that means 3 of the top 4 receivers would be leaving if Mixon comes out. Could make the early part of next season be pretty rough.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I think if both Mixon and Perine declare, I would feel better if a established WR was returning. But Westbrook is leaving also. Hate the idea of losing the top WR, Mixon and Perine all in one shot. Not to mention also losing Lewis, which that means 3 of the top 4 receivers would be leaving if Mixon comes out. Could make the early part of next season be pretty rough.

Very much so. I just meant that, at RB, the cupboard is not bare.

We will certainly need the improvement we saw from Mead and Smallwood to continue as well as an increase number of targets to Andrews.

Forgot to mention Basquine. Would not be surprised to see him because Baker's go to guy early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT