ADVERTISEMENT

Miami refusing on Mixon

As a Dolphin fan I commend them, they should also trade any players that refuse to stand for the National Anthem. If Dan Marino could not get a SB win for the Dolphins I doubt Mixon would help them sniff one anytime soon.

The article makes good statements that they were unable to determine if Miami had talked with Mixon privately, important information to this discussion. That's the million dollar question right now.

If their decision comes after meeting with him privately, then it makes you wonder what red flags he's raising from his personality.
If it's simply a PR move by Miami since their issue with Richie Incognito, then that's a whole different story.

Of course they're not going to spend a first round pick on him. They had someone of their own burst onto the scene last season, ajaya or whatever his name is. They wouldn't take him if he'd been passing out communion every Sunday and gone to bed at 7:30 every night for the past 10 years.

Of course they're not going to spend a first round pick on him. They had someone of their own burst onto the scene last season, ajaya or whatever his name is. They wouldn't take him if he'd been passing out communion every Sunday and gone to bed at 7:30 every night for the past 10 years.

Yeah, but they said they wouldn't take him in the 1st, the 2nd, or any round for that matter. They are refusing him at all opportunity.

Okay they take Suh who has issues, get a pot smoking money taking cheater from ole piss and have no qb??

Well the Dolphins have made bad decisions in the past. The biggest beef I have had with them being a fan since I was in first grade and I am 50 in a few weeks is they passed on Drew Brees a few yrs back when he was available and picked up Duante Culpepper instead. I am still scratching my head on that one and hope the idiot that made that decision is no longer making decisions except for what flavor gatorade to mix for the next game.

As a Dolphin fan I commend them, they should also trade any players that refuse to stand for the National Anthem. If Dan Marino could not get a SB win for the Dolphins I doubt Mixon would help them sniff one anytime soon.
Agree but you know they just gave Kenny Stills a huge long term contract and he was one of those refusing to stand for the National Anthem. He lost my respect.

The article makes good statements that they were unable to determine if Miami had talked with Mixon privately, important information to this discussion. That's the million dollar question right now.

If their decision comes after meeting with him privately, then it makes you wonder what red flags he's raising from his personality.
If it's simply a PR move by Miami since their issue with Richie Incognito, then that's a whole different story.
But they are ok with Suh, the biggest POS in the league? Oh well, they suck anyway.

Mixon's late position in the draft is not the fault of NFL teams.

Late position? Define late position. The fact is, it is Mixon's talent that has him in the draft to start with. The real deal is that NE's rule breaking, penalties & fines has them not in a position to draft him! Ha!

Late position? Define late position. The fact is, it is Mixon's talent that has him in the draft to start with. The real deal is that NE's rule breaking, penalties & fines has them not in a position to draft him! Ha!
"Late position": a player with first round talent gets drafted in late 2nd round or beyond.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
"Late position": a player with first round talent gets drafted in late 2nd round or beyond.

I agree. If Mixon stays, he's every bit of 1st round. He still might this year. But you're correct, it's his doing to go to the draft this year.

Reactions: iasooner1
I agree. If Mixon stays, he's every bit of 1st round. He still might this year. But you're correct, it's his doing to go to the draft this year.

I thought Mixon was crazy for leaving early and so close to the time the video was released. Also a crazy talented RB draft. I thought he should have waited and created distance between the release of the video and the draft process. I asked a buddy of mine who coaches on the Ravens staff if staying would have helped Mixon and to my surprise he said no. The Ravens won't take him regardless because of the Rice issue but he did not see staying an extra year changing his status. He thought someone will take him in the 2nd round. FWIW

Yep, sometimes you just never know. Demarco went in the third round. No one touched him due his injuries but for the Cowboys. It turned out to be a very good selection. They got a great RB at a Rookie 3rd round price. Somebody is going to do the same thing w/ Mixon. They'll get a great RB on the cheap for the rookie contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT