ADVERTISEMENT

Men's BB Jordan Shepherd transferring

Sorry to see him go. Glad he chose to be a Sooner, but sorry he's not going to stick it out. I guess the upside is that his departure opens the door for someone else. I wish him the best.

Reactions: iasooner1
It's not a rumor, McGusty is leaving. I just got the announcement in my email.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Bolt/Kameron-McGusty-transferring-from-Oklahoma-Sooners-mens-basketball-program-116700442?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180326_094836_Oklahoma Sooners&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=98-1E-3A-24-50-54-93-06-99-02-B2-03-4B-0F-0D-EB180326_094836OklahomaSooners

I wonder if they're leaving because they don't feel like Lon is a very good coach? I think the writing is on the wall for Lon, he may not be at OU much longer.

Damn. The departures of Shepard and McGusty (Young was expected) is not a good sign. As another poster stated, OU basketball has become a dumpster fire. Seven years into Lon's tenure and OU is a .500 basketball program in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. I'm not ready to see Joe C. pull the plug on Lon, but next year has got to be a make-or-break season for Kruger.

Reactions: iasooner1
What would make all the guards jump ship when Trae is leaving? That ensures they would get more playing time, so that seems to reflect Lon's poor coaching ability. Either that or something is happening on the inside that only the players are aware of.

I also wonder if they're embarrassed to play next year at OU after such a collapse.

Reactions: Schoonerman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT