ADVERTISEMENT

Maxwell

Larry4681

Walk-on candidate
Sep 27, 2023
We are very lucky it’s just 2-2. She is all over the place. Hit 2 batters, walked multiple batters then the 20 second clock ran out on another.

I’m stating the obvious lol. I’m pretty sure she would even admit she was way off tonight

My guess is nerves. She switches from major rival osu to get to OU. Has a good season but this is a whole other level here. Not saying her mind is weak but she has to feel it little

Reactions: iasooner2000
I think it's pretty well known that Ms Maxwell has a challenge with sweating a little too much when it warm or humid, especially when it's both. What I don't understand, knowing that, is why she wears long sleeve undershits with cuffs tight around the wrist. No wonder she's hot on a night like this.

We're just going to have to live with her not having the endurance that OUr previous stud pitcher had last year. When she throws more than seven innings in her last series, she can have some issues, seemingly. She couldn't get her breaking pitch to break most of the night. It was really, in light of not having close to her best stuff, allowing three runs against a team with a terrific offense, a pretty good outing. She pitched around two of them most of the night, with the big power. She needs to have her best stuff in OKC. It will definitely be hotter.

Hopefully, weather permitting, we can wrap this up tomorrow night. Really glad they're short of healthy pitchers.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Deal got the start plus 3 quality innings before being relieved against fSu. She needs to stay ready to contribute.
In Patti I trust

More trustworthy than our 30 year head coach? After she deserted her team?

Uh, not really.
I am note sure thats fair to say about JB. She wanted to go home and one cant blame her for that. It didnt work out for her this season and at the same time had she stayed she might still have gotten injured and missed the season.

If anything PG proved that even without JB she is the most important person to the softball program.

Not sure is way different than 30 years of the best behavior of any coach I know of. Compared to two years, and then "see ya." How long do you think JB knew she was leaving?

I don't feel betrayed by her. But I wrote that Patty was the most trustworthy person I know of in sports. It was suggested that it was JB instead. I was just pointing out that someone claimed Jordy was more trustworthy. I thought that was not possible in light of her deciding to leave, with more than a little lack of expectation.

I honestly thought that Ms Bahl, as a more trustworthy person than Patty Gasso is absurd, but I was trying to be kind.

Last edited:
I don't feel betrayed by her. But I wrote that Patty was the most trustworthy person I know of in sports. It was suggested that it was JB instead. I was just pointing out that someone claimed Jordy was more trustworthy. I thought that was not possible in light of her deciding to leave, with more than a little lack of expectation.

I honestly thought that Ms Bahl, as a more trustworthy person than Patty Gasso is absurd, but I was trying to be kind.
Understand. I didn’t take it the way you did in regard to someone putting JB above PG as that would be insane. PG is the best coach in the nation at softball and I don’t think any other fan base would argue otherwise.

Unfortunately with great success and domination over the last 3 years it creates a lot of hatred from other fan bases.

Maxwell came through in the end. She could have folded after allowing 3 HR and see her team down 5-2 but she didn’t. She competed and held UF scoreless after that. What a gutty performance.

UF was a tough good hitting team and this team once again found a way to win. Can they 4-peat? Sure they can but we all know this Texas team is going to be tough to beat. Game 1 who pitches? Maxwell after today needs a days rest but at the same time winning game 1 sets the tone. Its going to be wild 2/3 series but I believe in PG and these young ladies to get it it done.

Never said I didn’t like her lol. But of the night I spoke of she was off. She definitely gives us the best chance to win

THe only thing tougher than the Gator hitters was another very tight strike zone. All of that, plus an extra inning just helped the Longhorns more, whoever had won. Both pitchers threw over 140 pitches.

Reactions: Pruitt4Prez
It never gets old when they show dejected wronghorn player's and fans. That's what the rivalry so great!😂 That makes for a pretty good day. Hell, I might even have a beer.

Reactions: 22LR
Wow! Great win. Maxwell was great. Good hitting night! Terrific game overall. BOOMER!!!
SOONER!! If we win this thing, it will be OUr greatest softball accomplishment. It's not done yet, but I love where we are. I wouldn't be surprised if we got run-ruled Thursday. Hope we sweep them. Get eight runs and win 8-7.

I cannot say enough good things about what Maxwell has accomplished. I believe from a faith in Christ issue, this will change her life. And Patty Gasso has changed her life by heading her in the right direction. The testimony of this team is the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT