ADVERTISEMENT

Marquise Brown

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
Spring roster just came out and this guy is listed at 5'11 and 148 lbs. Really 148, he wont make through the season at that size. Thats 2 years of playing college, wonder how small he was when he graduated high school

Bob said in his presser, that we've had a couple of guys not much bigger than that upon arrival, who've been pretty good receivers. One was Mark Clayton. He was 155 coming out of high school, and redshirted a year. The other was Jalen Saunders, not much different than that. Those guys survived just fine. Not sure, but I believe that in this offense, it's likely easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not up to 160 by the start of the season. He'll be eating right, and doing things to get stronger. And he has the frame for it. And he is really quick.

Reactions: iasooner1
Spring roster just came out and this guy is listed at 5'11 and 148 lbs. Really 148, he wont make through the season at that size. Thats 2 years of playing college, wonder how small he was when he graduated high school
Brown's weight right now is at 157 lbs. so my speculation is he will be around 160-165 by September.
Jalen Saunders played at 165 and some guy named Tinker Owens weighed less than 164 lbs his freshman year in 1972, and was a prime time player that year.
If a receiver can get open and can outrun defenders, his weight, or lack thereof, really isn't an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT