ADVERTISEMENT

LSU QB Harris received death threats...

If throwing an interception that loses a game becomes the worst thing to happen in this kid's life....he's going to have a great life.
Coach Switzer said this to an Iowa State kicker who missed a chip-shot field goal against OU in 1981 in a 7-7 tie. It's one of my favorite Switzer memories.

Not surprising at all. Unless you were a kid with internet capabilities, you can't/won't understand the disconnect a child has with reality.

It's definitely something I could have done in my early years without blinking. I remember being maybe 17 when the internet was just ramping up, and AOL was the only ISP in the land. Credit cards still weren't approved in real-time, so you could get your hands on a CC generator which was just a script that understood the typical CC format for whichever credit company and bank you requested. These generators would work for approval in creating an AOL account as AOL just checked for the proper format before accepting you, whether or not they were a valid, active credit card did not matter.

For about one week, there was a group of 5 or 6 of us that would walk to a kid's house after school. Both of his parents worked, and he had the best PC around along with a dedicated phone line. We would have a competition on who could get their account locked on AOL fastest. We'd head straight to the most controversial forums and lay down some fire. I think our record ended up being at about the 5 minute mark. There was no hate. Just giggling dumbass teenagers smoking joints, drinking sodas, and shooting pool.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I remember the replay official who blew two huge calls in he OU-Oregon game claiming that he received death threats from OU fans. But I've never heard of OU fans devouring their own by making these kinds of threats. The anonimity of the Internet makes a lot of people very brave when hiding behind a key board and monitor. :rolleyes:

I remember the replay official who blew two huge calls in he OU-Oregon game claiming that he received death threats from OU fans. But I've never heard of OU fans devouring their own by making these kinds of threats. The anonimity of the Internet makes a lot of people very brave when hiding behind a key board and monitor. :rolleyes:

I think they are all a bit misguided idiots, myself. It applies to me as well, although I can't recall ever threatening someone through my keyboard...

I had classes with Keith Jackson in the 80's and he would tell the stories of threats he received he announced he was going to Oklahoma...

Some people need to get a life...

I remember Jack Mildren's recruiting story in Sports Illustrated in 1968 when he was warned by rival recruiters that he would have to play with black players if he attended OU.
Gee, I can't imagine who would have told him that.

I remember Keith being in the paper every weekend when he played at Little Rock Parkview. I also remember all the piggie fans here being very upset at him for many years. Local sports writer idiot here in Little Rock did a write up on Keith a while back and said Keith told him that if he had it to do over he would have gone to arkansas instead. I see Keith on some commercials here from time to time. He probably got tired of being asked why he went to OU instead of arkansas and probably figures any idiot could figure that one out but not delusional piggie fans.

Why is anyone surprised that an lsu player is getting death threats? Have you ever met an lsu fan? If you have not then just be thankful.

Why is anyone surprised that an lsu player is getting death threats? Have you ever met an lsu fan? If you have not then just be thankful.

Amen to that 67!!! Got stuck in New Orleans with those fools after the 2004 Sugar Bowl and they were the most classless asses on the planet!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT