ADVERTISEMENT

LSU players paid after winning???

Nothing to see here. The LSU administration will handle this incident "internally." :rolleyes:

I did read an article earlier today where Coach O said that the former players are always welcome back and that some former players (OBJ in particular) have bought gifts for some of the current players in the past (tennis shoes, headphones) "and they love them."

Heard on the news today Police have issued a warrant for the arrest of OBJ. Hope he didn't print that money.

Arrest warrant was for spanking an officer's ass.
I didn't pay much attention, but it looked like the officer was searching players' drinks in the locker room after the game. I assumed for alcohol.

I didn't pay much attention, but it looked like the officer was searching players' drinks in the locker room after the game. I assumed for alcohol.

I believe security/police were telling the players to quit smoking cigars. I have seen the video and did not think it was cool. I think in the end nothing big will come of it but I don't blame the guy for filing a report...

Reactions: iasooner1
Just saw the video and read where the NOPD has filed a warrant for OBJ's arrest for assaulting the officer. He'll issue a public/private apology, donate to a police charity and all will be forgotten.

I believe security/police were telling the players to quit smoking cigars. I have seen the video and did not think it was cool. I think in the end nothing big will come of it but I don't blame the guy for filing a report...

I can understand why it might piss someone off enough to press charges, but I also don't think those people understand the severity of those charges these days. We live in a Nancy state now. Everything carries too hard of charges for people just joking.

If found guilty... OBJ is now a sex offender. Do you think that fits the crime of a kid just celebrating and joking a sports victory? It's dumb in my opinion. This has no place in criminal courts.

Thanks! I don't watch much tv but have it on most of the time, heard about the Warrant while walking thru the living room and assumed it was about the money.

If found guilty... OBJ is now a sex offender. Do you think that fits the crime of a kid just celebrating and joking a sports victory? It's dumb in my opinion. This has no place in criminal courts.
The warrant is for a complaint of simple battery. If found guilty, he can be fined up to $1,000 and up to 6 months in jail, or both. There's nothing in the simple battery statute that would make OBJ a sex offender.

I can understand why it might piss someone off enough to press charges, but I also don't think those people understand the severity of those charges these days. We live in a Nancy state now. Everything carries too hard of charges for people just joking.

Where did you see if found guilty he would have to register as a sex offender?

anything bad that happens to OBJ I’m good with

Sorry, guys. I was just assuming. You don't have to dephyle my sister just to show me I'm an idiot. LoL

No worries you're a good dude from what I can tell. Everything I read indicated it was alleged simple assault: a fine and up to 6 months in jail. I thought it was poor form by OBJ; you don't put your hands on someone in a uniform. And his growing confidence after doing so left a bad taste in my mouth. The dude is trying to do his job and stop smoking in a locker room...enjoy the moment.

No worries you're a good dude from what I can tell. Everything I read indicated it was alleged simple assault: a fine and up to 6 months in jail. I thought it was poor form by OBJ; you don't put your hands on someone in a uniform. And his growing confidence after doing so left a bad taste in my mouth. The dude is trying to do his job and stop smoking in a locker room...enjoy the moment.
Yeah, I totally get your point of view. I just think there's too much crap escalated these days that should be taken care of in a more old fashioned way.

OBJ came from a good family, both parents have degrees and are professionals. Always a good kid until he got $100mil contract and went THUG. LSU fans were sick of his antics before this.

Charges have been dropped. No report on what he paid the security guard.

Shaq has remained very active at LSU, always comes in for some games. Contributes millions including funding a program to teach LSU athletes "Life Skills"

Burrow was truthful, said he wasn't a student athlete anymore, could take $$$ and did.

Former LSU athletes paid for fabulous new locker room which includes lockers for NFL players who come back to use the facilities.

"Honey Badger" Tyrann Mathieu got kicked off the LSU team, got his life right, stars in NFL (All-Pro this year), donates and comes back to talk to the players about the importance of getting their lives straight.

LSU athletes have been very helpful, this is the first known incident of any misbehavior. LSU has self-reported and will take care of business.

Oh, and LSU AD Scott Woodward is married to current NCAA Director (and former LSU President) Mark Emmert's daughter, thus cmmc might be facilitated.

Good ol' Shaq. The dude is all over the place. Very marketable as he keeps himself on the straight & narrow. He has a great disposition and a very good sense of humor. He's one of the good guys. He reps himself and LSU well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT