ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn Network - A first time for everything!

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
First, I will admit that I like the Longhorn Network as they do a very good job of covering texas and you get to see some sports that you usually don't see - tennis, soccer, softball, swimming, track & field, etc. They also show replays of past games (mostly football), but in those replays, they never show texas in a game they lost.

On Thursdays, they show Red River Rivalry games (sometimes showing different sports) and last night was the 1978 and 1981 OU-texas football games. Well, last night was a first as the 1978 game was a blowout win for OU, 31-10. I thought I'd never see the day when the Longhorn Network would show texas losing a replayed sporting event. Of course the 1981 game was a 27-14 win for texas, their third in a row over Switzer's Sooners.

Despite all the burnt orange, I do like watching the replays of the texas games, whether it's against OU, Arkansas, A&M, Michigan, USC, tOSU, etc. I'm just glad to see that they did show a game, for once, where texas lost!!!

Reactions: pfka_ms
Speaking of replays, I just showed a YouTube clip last week to my son of Spencer Tillman jumping from the 5 yd line into the endzone against Nebraska in the 83' game. That is when Neb. was #1 and the Horns #2. It was so surreal as a Longhorn fan jumping around going crazy after that play with OU taking the lead 21-14. Never will forget when Tillman went back to the bench and gave the Hook'em like he had our back. Love the guy ever since.

What sparked showing the clip to my son was us watching the Aggie/TCU baseball game last week. He asked me if I could ever pull for the Aggies and I said yes, absolutely if it would benefit the Horns. The example I gave him was the 83' OU/NU game. What is so amazing is that Texas fans were more upset with OU losing than OU fans. Never will forget that game and the 83' season. I still believe the 83' Texas D and Nebraska's offense are the best all time.

They've shown the '78 RRS a good 6-8 times that I know of (maybe more & I just missed it), & for the life of me I don't know why, because as you said, that game was a butt kicking. Only thing I can come up with is that they're trying to draw in more subscribers.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Speaking of replays, I just showed a YouTube clip last week to my son of Spencer Tillman jumping from the 5 yd line into the endzone against Nebraska in the 83' game. That is when Neb. was #1 and the Horns #2. It was so surreal as a Longhorn fan jumping around going crazy after that play with OU taking the lead 21-14. Never will forget when Tillman went back to the bench and gave the Hook'em like he had our back. Love the guy ever since.

What sparked showing the clip to my son was us watching the Aggie/TCU baseball game last week. He asked me if I could ever pull for the Aggies and I said yes, absolutely if it would benefit the Horns. The example I gave him was the 83' OU/NU game. What is so amazing is that Texas fans were more upset with OU losing than OU fans. Never will forget that game and the 83' season. I still believe the 83' Texas D and Nebraska's offense are the best all time.
Good stuff!

First, I will admit that I like the Longhorn Network as they do a very good job of covering texas and you get to see some sports that you usually don't see - tennis, soccer, softball, swimming, track & field, etc. They also show replays of past games (mostly football), but in those replays, they never show texas in a game they lost.

On Thursdays, they show Red River Rivalry games (sometimes showing different sports) and last night was the 1978 and 1981 OU-texas football games. Well, last night was a first as the 1978 game was a blowout win for OU, 31-10. I thought I'd never see the day when the Longhorn Network would show texas losing a replayed sporting event. Of course the 1981 game was a 27-14 win for texas, their third in a row over Switzer's Sooners.

Despite all the burnt orange, I do like watching the replays of the texas games, whether it's against OU, Arkansas, A&M, Michigan, USC, tOSU, etc. I'm just glad to see that they did show a game, for once, where texas lost!!!
The 1981 game score was 34-14, not 27-14.....and the LHN wrecked the Big 12: Nebraska, ATM and Missouri are gone, it's a 10 team conference without a playoff, and it's no longer a powerful conference.

LHN early showed plenty of embarrassing Horn loss replays. And then virtually none. I had LHN from day one. Some analysts believe poor ratings prompted the shift. Not enough Sooners, et al to watch their teams. Horn fans won't watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT