ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray returning next year?

Russell Wilson says hello 8085. He is 5’11”. Is Murray 5’10” or 5’9”?. To completely dismiss the possibility of a pro career because of his size is just plain stupid. That is my opinion.

Size, arm strength, mechanics and pocket presence. He's s tremendous athlete and a great college QB. MY opinion, he doesn't have what the NFL is looking for. He would however get a 3rd -7th round, lets see pick.

So Top 10 MLB or a maybe get a practice squad contract. My opinion, I don't believe anyone would give him a real shot at backup but Chase Daniels has been a solid clipboard guy and they both have about the same arm strength and mechanics. Chase is a few inches taller and about 20lbs heavier but, maybe. I would love to see the kid succeeded in the NFL but "my opinion", I don't believe it's in the cards for him physically.

Physically = height, weight, arm strength and mechanics.

He doesn't have what the NFL looks for? A QB that can make all the throws, reads through his progression very well, has great pocket awareness, quick as a cheetah, a real winner who hates to lose, hmmmmmmmmmm, I would love for the Steelers to draft him!

He's a much faster version of Baker Mayfield or a much better passer than Michael Vick, pick your poison.

There is no doubt in my mind that if KM comes back to OU and plays just as good or better than this year, he will be a 1st round pick, possibly the #1 pick overall, just like Mayfield was.

Last edited:
It's more than just how tall he is. I would think his overall size would be a concern. His listed weight is what....195lbs?? Guys like Russell Wilson and Michael Vick played around 215lbs. 20lbs for that size is a big difference. How well would his body hold up playing QB if he is behind a horrible line and starts taking punishment?

Reactions: jhnglyn222
Travel away from home: Baseball 81. Football 8. If the money is close, I’d take football any day. No doubt he will have to compensate for his height but his other skills are superior. I traveled four nights a week five out of six weeks for five years. That was a grind and really hard on the family. Of course I wasn’t earning a kazillion dollars a year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Murray can play in the NFL. He is a very gifted QB. Throws the ball with accuracy and has more than enough arm strength to make all the throws in the NFL.

What a great dilemma we find ourselves in, contemplating who was better in college, Mayfield or Murray and who projects better in the NFL. Does it get any better than those 2 qb’s on a college level? I thought and still do that Mayfield was about as good a passer, game manager as a senior as I had ever seen and then Murray comes along and adds a running element and a deadly accurate deep ball while maintaining the same accuracy and possibly even better touch. It’s freaking Unbelievable how blessed we’ve been at qb.

And then we have our defense.. what a tragedy....seriously

Murray is playing behind an NFL oline right now, all 5 of those guys will be playing somewhere when they leave OU. He sees the field just fine.

Reactions: bmorris1976
I agree. I hate to use the word "rebuilding" but without an established QB I can't see us even being a top 10 team next year.
I actually don’t see much of a drop off at QB next year. We’ve got too much talent already on the team plus Rattler coming in. Maybe a little the first few games but our 2019 non conf. schedule is relatively easy.

Reactions: runningback43
But he’s not playing against a NFL defense. Big difference. Still I think football would be a good choice.
No doubt that NFL defenses will be a problem, but some were concerned that Murray wouldnt be able to see over or around the Oline in the NFL.

I actually don’t see much of a drop off at QB next year. We’ve got too much talent already on the team plus Rattler coming in. Maybe a little the first few games but our 2019 non conf. schedule is relatively easy.

Oline not QB, is my biggest concern, in 2019. Ford is most certainly going pro. Evans is a big maybe. Powers is the hardest playing Olineman, with the least talent. I really hope someone gives him a shot in the NFL. We have some young promising players but Oline is more about experience working together, then just talent. Creed is a beast and will anchor and hopefully get the guys working together.

LR puts QB in the best position to make plays. We will have great skill position players at WR,HB and TE. We will be strong at RB as usual. It's the Oline that will need to gel early. If Evans comes back and I think it would be wise for him to get another year under his belt. Then the Oline will gel a lot faster. I love what I have seen out of Ratller but I hope we do not need a true freshman QB.

Bottom line: Kyler has shown that he can ball, and the NFL has all the information it needs to decide his draft potential. If the scouts tell him he will be drafted high, and be able to make more in an NFL rookie contract than what he already has from MLB, then he has a choice to make. If they say he’ll go too low to make the same or money as he’s getting, he can go play baseball.

He can still report to spring training for the A’s while the NFL draft is looming.

What a great position to be in: getting paid while waiting to see if you can get paid even more. Good for him.

Either way, very little upside to returning to OU football for another season. He’s proven all he needs to on the gridiron.

It's more than just how tall he is. I would think his overall size would be a concern. His listed weight is what....195lbs?? Guys like Russell Wilson and Michael Vick played around 215lbs. 20lbs for that size is a big difference. How well would his body hold up playing QB if he is behind a horrible line and starts taking punishment?

Let that SOB come spend about 6 months with me. I can pack 20 LBS on him with out ever lifting a weight. :D
Beer and Blue Bell.

Espin is astroturfing support for Tua....that is paid opinions on media and social media to support a particular narrative while trying to hide it as grass roots support....

Reactions: kcstorm06
Maybe Tua has 2 bad games to close out year...and 1/2 game against Citadel? Or heaven forbid he gets hurt bad and can’t play. These frothing media blowhards will change their tune if Kyler closes out strong and in charge. I am excited for him. He is a special player....definitely Heisman hoister. Tua is a good kid but am certainly questioning his playing this week against an overmatched cup cake...seems to be for stat padding reasons clearly.

Bottom line: Kyler has shown that he can ball, and the NFL has all the information it needs to decide his draft potential. If the scouts tell him he will be drafted high, and be able to make more in an NFL rookie contract than what he already has from MLB, then he has a choice to make. If they say he’ll go too low to make the same or money as he’s getting, he can go play baseball.

He can still report to spring training for the A’s while the NFL draft is looming.

What a great position to be in: getting paid while waiting to see if you can get paid even more. Good for him.

Either way, very little upside to returning to OU football for another season. He’s proven all he needs to on the gridiron.
No, no, no on your last line, Riley’s going to need to work to really fine tune him for ANOTHER year LOL. We can hope right?

Reactions: kcstorm06
Rumer: the A’s are talking trade with the Yankees to reacquire RHP Sonny Gray, who is just not capable of pitching well in Yankee Stadium, but pitched well on the road.
Yankees preferably want prospects in return.
Yanks send Gray to A’s for Kyler Murray then trade Murray to the Rangers or Astros. Murray would return to his home state. As a Yankees fan I would prefer Murray being a Yankee.
I’m also believing that the A’s would not make such a trade unless NY added more to the deal.

So the real question is what will Murray do if he's projected to be a top ten pick in the NFL draft?
I’d go football if I could get an initial deal like Mayfield? Then again I don’t follow baseball close anymore so not sure how salaries work

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT