ADVERTISEMENT

...just think next year we get to go to Ohio State

Tommy Armstrong of Nebraska said this weekend after beating Indiana, "Great teams find a way to win..."

Some commented that Nebraska wasn't great, and hadn't been great for 15+ years... one defended him though, saying, "You will never be a great team, if you don't believe in yourself to be one. And nobody else will, either."

Believe. Then prove it.

Reactions: BillyRay
Tommy Armstrong of Nebraska said this weekend after beating Indiana, "Great teams find a way to win..."

Some commented that Nebraska wasn't great, and hadn't been great for 15+ years... one defended him though, saying, "You will never be a great team, if you don't believe in yourself to be one. And nobody else will, either."

Believe. Then prove it.
Good post

Ohio State is very likely next year's NCAA National football Champion. How OU plays OSU may very well determine what kind of team we will have next year.
No doubt about that. I think the biggest question will be if Ohio State's QB will come back for his senior year, or take his chances in the draft. But outside of that, OSU will be returning pretty much their entire team for next year. And that does NOT bode well for OU's chance when they go play OSU in their house next year. Could end up being another Crimson blood bath like we saw about a month ago...

Ohio State has won in Norman. OU has won in Columbus. Be prepared and go kick some ass. I never expect to take a beating. I have been wrong many times, more of that came in the years between Switzer and Stoops, though. I don't get the idea of conceding a game a season away...

No one is conceding a game a year in advance, but it's worth noting that:

*Westbrook, Jordan Evans and Jordan Wade.....and likely Perine....will be gone. Westbrook has been the main man in OU's wins over Texas Christian, Texas and Kansas State. I do not believe OU wins those three games without him.

*Ohio State, barring NFL defections, returns all but one starter (an offensive lineman) of its starting 22. They do lose their punter and place kicker.

I predicted that some school other than Alabama would be national champs this year. I based that on Bama having a freshman QB. I thought Ohio State would handle Bama if they ended up playing in the playoffs. I have changed my mind. Bama can win with the freshman QB. He is pretty special, and after watching OSU play a few times, I think their youth may hurt them in the playoffs. Michigan, who I think is a bit overrated, will be a good test for OSU. Regardless the eventual national champion, the strong just continues to get stronger. They just reload like Switzer and Osborne's teams did back when. OU must get to that point in order to compete with the current top dogs.

I can't even begin to think about that game next year. Nor do I want to. I'm just happy the Sooners are winning now, but there still is a lot of football left!

Would love to see a victory in Columbus next year BUT, sorry, OU's problem lies in the coaching area. We currently don't have coaches at the top who can compete with the Ohio States, Bama's, et all. You are what your record says you are and it's not good for the last 10 years against those teams. No need to rehash the reasons because they have been discussed many times the last couple of years.

Reactions: ohiosooner2
Yet OU beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 45-31 as 15 point dogs... They seem to be capable of preparing and getting the best out of the team at times... Is the coaching staff motivated by being underdogs? Is it the month to prepare against certain teams, but not others? Is it just a complete anomaly, and really luck?

Interesting side note - a guy who works for me and is an Aggie said he saw a motivation video this week getting the Ags pumped up for Bama and the highlights were all TK in that Sugar Bowl.
He said there we no clips of any Aggie plays.

Wouldn't it be great if Trevor had another game like that when the Aggies play Bama.

Two weeks ago I was convinced Ohio State and Bama were two elites that would face off in the Natty. Not so convinced now. If the badgers had a QB they would have won by 10 or more.
Wisconsin had a bye week and played at home, while OSU played sub-par on offense and defense AND still won. Remember, OSU is the YOUNGEST team in the nation! Their win on the road vs a top 10 team that had two weeks to prep is very impressive.

I kind of compare this year's Buckeye team to the 2014 NC championship team; Very young but talented but prone to mistakes. Example: the very hard game against Navy in 2014 and the stunning loss to Virginia Tech the following week. But man did that team improve over time. I was very nervous - as most Buckeye fans were - about last week's Wisky game as they've been a thorn in our sides - along with Indiana and MSU - over the last dozen meetings or so. Camp Randall is a snake pit for us. The adjustments the staff made at halftime was amazing to the tune of outscoring Wisky 24-7 in the 2nd half. Urban said that this was the exact type of game his young team needed.

As for next year, yes, we should be even more formidable BUT that's what many were saying about 2015 and we know how that turned out (loss to MSU). BTW, most Buckeye fans/followers expect JT Barrett to return.

As for next year's OSU-OU matchup: hard to call at this time.....who knows what transpires between now and then. I've watched you guys a few times already this year and agree with many on this board about your defense. Man, if you guys could put an even average defense on the field, you could play with and beat anyone because you certainly have the offense. Question: does Mayfield leave after this year or does he have eligibility left ?

Ohio State is very likely next year's NCAA National football Champion.

Ohio State may well lose more players than people think. Yes that team is young, but many of them are still draft eligible. It's too early to tell of course and will depend on where the stock of these players is at the end of the season, but don't be surprised if they lose Gareon Conley, Marshon Lattimore, and Malik Hooker in the secondary, lose MLB Raekwon McMillan, lose Curtis Samuel, and possibly take a couple hits on the defensive line as well. They'll be good regardless, but I want to see who stays and who goes before putting them as the favorite next year

Ohio State may well lose more players than people think. Yes that team is young, but many of them are still draft eligible. It's too early to tell of course and will depend on where the stock of these players is at the end of the season, but don't be surprised if they lose Gareon Conley, Marshon Lattimore, and Malik Hooker in the secondary, lose MLB Raekwon McMillan, lose Curtis Samuel, and possibly take a couple hits on the defensive line as well. They'll be good regardless, but I want to see who stays and who goes before putting them as the favorite next year

Very true. In fact I believe most Buckeye fans already expect most, if not all all of those underclassmen that you named probably gone. But, they have a ton of depth to replace those guys as I don't even worry about NFL early departures anymore. Kids leaving early is one he!! of a recruiting tool for any team.

R1950, Ohio state last year simply made the mistake of losing late in the year. That's it. It's incredibly hard to go undefeated in a season. When your team does lose you just hope the conditions are right that they can make it up. OU had the chance to make up their loss. Ohio state did not.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
If Urban Meyer is still the head coach, Ohio State is a favorite... 160-27 overall speaks volumes...

R1950, Ohio state last year simply made the mistake of losing late in the year. That's it. It's incredibly hard to go undefeated in a season. When your team does lose you just hope the conditions are right that they can make it up. OU had the chance to make up their loss. Ohio state did not.

Dead on, but most Buckeye fans still consider 2015 to be a huge disappointment even though you made a very good point about it being incredibly hard to go undefeated which many crazed CF fans don't understand. Look at several of the last few national champions and the majority had a loss. I think many people forget that we're dealing mostly with 18-20 year old kids and mistakes will be made. I guess that's what make CF so entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT