ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO four-star WR Marquise Brown commits to Sooners

Oops, sorry. Link fixed.

Anyone familiar with Brown? Could he be the next Dede?

He arrives in January and has three years of eligibility.
Gotta like OU's track record with both JUCO and transfer wide receivers....Westbrook, Lewis, Saunders, Bester, Brown, Bradley.....and remember Billy Brooks (1973-75) ?

I just saw his highlights and he must be a track star because during one of his TDs, as he was crossing the goal line, he leaned his chest out and extended his arms like he was crossing the finish line, a move I know well because I used to be a sprinter. :)

Temple TX HC thinks Lamb will be a NFL player and a Heisman type WR. He said it on his show before their title game with HP. He consoled the kids after Lamb's team foster lost to Temple in 5A D1 semis. Westbrooks tracks deep balls like an outfielder. Baseball guys usually have GREAT hands.

I just saw his highlights and he must be a track star because during one of his TDs, as he was crossing the goal line, he leaned his chest out and extended his arms like he was crossing the finish line, a move I know well because I used to be a sprinter. :)
I realize I'm just old school in saying this, but if I coached a football team I would not allow celebrations or dropping the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.
Games have already been influenced by players' idiotic, "look at me !" antics...and so far, I can recall two games when OU got away with such crap (Tennessee in 2014 and this year's Ohio State game).

I realize I'm just old school in saying this, but if I coached a football team I would not allow celebrations or dropping the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.
Games have already been influenced by players' idiotic, "look at me !" antics...and so far, I can recall two games when OU got away with such crap (Tennessee in 2014 and this year's Ohio State game).
I think it's a good indication of both maturity and discipline. Take the players you are referencing in your post CT, and compare them to a player like Perine. Perine is low-key, lets his playing speak for itself, and doesn't do any of the "look at me" crap. I think that's prolly a good reason Saban pushed so hard to recruit Perine. That's the type of players you build national title teams out of.

I no longer watch pro football with its WWF antics, among other reasons, and I don't watch ESPN anymore, aside from its coverage of college football, because it showcases these idiotic displays of games resembling prison yard warfare, post game and week long gang style threats, and tedious micro-analysis of games.
Earl Campbell to this day is my favorite non-Sooner player. Watch any video of him scoring a touchdown and then try to find a contemporary player who does it the same way.....with Perine the exception.

Earl Campbell to this day is my favorite non-Sooner player. Watch any video of him scoring a touchdown and then try to find a contemporary player who does it the same way.....with Perine the exception.
I'm a bit too young to truly remember Earl Campbell. But my favorite non-Sooner was Barry Sanders. He was the same way. He let his running do his talking. I always had a ton of respect for the man the way he conducted himself on the field. Perine is out of that same mold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT