ADVERTISEMENT

Jordyn Tyson update (Mon 6:40pm)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023
So… Ra’Shaad Samples has derailed the apple cart here.

Last I checked with the Switzer Center this evening, OU remains confident that they’re going to hang on to Tyson. But Arizona State has surged, and the confidence in the Sun Devils’ camp mirrors that of Oklahoma.

To that point, not even members of Tyson’s family know what’s going on at this point, I’m told. But 24 hours ago, the kid was fully expected to be a Sooner, and now this thing seems like a coin flip. It’s not dissimilar to the Troy Everett situation last week; this time, though, it may be Oklahoma that gets run down from behind.

The uncertainty from Tyson’s own camp, combined with a series of cryptically celebratory tweets from Sun Devil staffers, would lead one to believe that this thing has turned on its head. My advice would simply be to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Samples’ reputation precedes him, and so it shouldn’t come as a huge shock that NIL was a pillar of Arizona State’s pitch to Tyson. I’ll update y’all if I hear anything else. No definitive word yet from any of the sources I’ve spoken with on the ASU side, the OU side and Tyson’s side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News