ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
Samaje Perine's record, Joe Mixon's gesture among takeaways from Oklahoma's Sugar Bowl win over Auburn

NEW ORLEANS, LA - JANUARY 02: Joe Mixon #25 of the Oklahoma Sooners reacts after scoring a touchdown against the Auburn Tigers during the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 2, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

By Brady Vardeman, Special contributorContact Brady Vardemanon Twitter:mad:BradyVardeman

Here's five takeaways from Oklahoma's 35-19 win over Auburn in the Sugar Bowl on Monday night.

Why, Joe Mixon?

Just before halftime, as Oklahoma let the clock bleed on offense, Auburn students began chanting "He hits women!" in the direction of RB Joe Mixon.

After issuing an emotional, public apology for punching a woman in 2014 following the release in December of surveillance footage showing the altercation, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume Mixon would just ignore the chants.

However, he and QB Baker Mayfield raised their arms in the "louder" motion toward the Auburn fans -- a move that certainly doesn't bode well for Mixon or OU's recovering public image.

Last edited:
He got a cheap shot last night. Plus, like I said in another post he will need to watch Everthing he does.

Just posting what I read. I did not know anything was being chanted last night about the issue.

Auburn and Gus are crap and their fans are a perfect fit for them.

Boomer Sooner and Roll Tide!

However, he and QB Baker Mayfield raised their arms in the "louder" motion toward the Auburn fans -- a move that certainly doesn't bode well for Mixon or OU's recovering public image.​

Shame on them both for not bowing in contriteness to smack talking football fans?

Samaje Perine's record, Joe Mixon's gesture among takeaways from Oklahoma's Sugar Bowl win over Auburn

NEW ORLEANS, LA - JANUARY 02: Joe Mixon #25 of the Oklahoma Sooners reacts after scoring a touchdown against the Auburn Tigers during the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 2, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

By Brady Vardeman, Special contributorContact Brady Vardemanon Twitter:mad:BradyVardeman

Here's five takeaways from Oklahoma's 35-19 win over Auburn in the Sugar Bowl on Monday night.

Why, Joe Mixon?

Just before halftime, as Oklahoma let the clock bleed on offense, Auburn students began chanting "He hits women!" in the direction of RB Joe Mixon.

After issuing an emotional, public apology for punching a woman in 2014 following the release in December of surveillance footage showing the altercation, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume Mixon would just ignore the chants.

However, he and QB Baker Mayfield raised their arms in the "louder" motion toward the Auburn fans -- a move that certainly doesn't bode well for Mixon or OU's recovering public image.

They were asking OU fans to drown out the classless tiger fans, not trying to encourage them more.

They were asking OU fans to drown out the classless tiger fans, not trying to encourage them more.
That was my thinking. Mixon would bode better my doing nothing and ignoring the situation this is something he will need to do in the future. I am afraid it's only going to get worse. He did play awesome last night.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
That was my thinking. Mixon would bode better my doing nothing and ignoring the situation this is something he will need to do in the future. I am afraid it's only going to get worse. He did play awesome last night.

Every time he touched the ball they booed him. He just kept scoring and running. They were pretty limp by the fourth quarter. Play on the field always shuts them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT