ADVERTISEMENT

Spot-on from the very beginning. Impressive work, Carey.

Sam Bradford Apologist

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2017
I was kind of waiting for Caleb’s announcement to go public, but the other day I thought back to the day after TBOW left. If I remember right, On Monday morning, like overnight, @Carey Murdock posted a comprehensive notes thread detailing how everything went down and where OU would go from there. In that initial post, he said OU would likely target Brent Venables, who would bring Lebby with him. And he said OU was worried that yes, Caleb Williams would follow TBOW to USC.

Now, those weren’t crazy predictions. Probably what we expected to happen. But after the roller coaster it took for all those things to officially happen, it’s crazy.

After Carey’s initial post, we thought at different times in the past two months: Venables is the hire! Rhule is the hire! DABO?!?!?!? Lanning is the hire! Wait, how did we end up with Aranda??? Just kidding, it’s Venables.

We thought: It’ll be Lebby! Wait, are we gonna get Joe Brady? It better not be Grimes! Okay, breathe, it’s Lebby.

We thought: CW is gone. Wait, maybe he’ll stay? He was at the OU B-ball game, he’s never going to leave. He’s playing in the bowl game! Sooner for life! He wore the cowboy hat in the post game press conference! He’s staying! Wait, why didn’t he say he was staying? Wait, he wouldn’t actually leave after that would he? TRANSFER PORTAL!?!?? He just wants money, he does not care about development (still true). Maybe he’ll come back after seeing how terrible the other schools are. Okay, I don’t think he’s coming back. We’ll take Dart, he’s better anyway. CW is going to: USC, Georgia, LSU, UCLA…He’s going to Wisconsin!!!!!!! Take that TBOW! And then today, he announces for USC.

All I’m saying is that after this insane last two months and the emotional roller coaster (including the hall of fame Transfer Portal thread, shoutout to @StoopsBros ), we arrived back at the very first notes thread Carey posted the day after all this began.

What a ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News