ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Norvell thumps Mike and Bob!

No vertical passing against shorthorns? Plain dumb to have one play beyond 30 yards. Head scratching going on....on this side.
The pathetic offensive line couldn't block long enough to throw the ball down the field. The play calling was an embarrassment right from the opening drive.

Mayfield had time...just not as much as usual. Put Mayfield with last year's OL and things were different. I will tip hat to shorthorns DL though....they kept pushing.

Reactions: iasooner1
He actually playcalled a better game than Riley.

It is what it is.

He called maybe 10 different plays the entire game? Shit show by Mike stoops playing 2 deep safety's to a team with a 1 trick pony. Texas only threw 9 times and ran for 339

Pathetic.

He called maybe 10 different plays the entire game? Shit show by Mike stoops playing 2 deep safety's to a team with a 1 trick pony. Texas only threw 9 times and ran for 339

Pathetic.
Heard said the game plan was to air it out but when the run was so efficient they changed the game plan. Watson would have forced the pass so at least jay can recognize that and make in game adjustments.

Heard said the game plan was to air it out but when the run was so efficient they changed the game plan. Watson would have forced the pass so at least jay can recognize that and make in game adjustments.

Enjoy it now cow. We saved your teams' season & your coaches career, with a bow on it. Oh yeah we did it for the sake of the XII too so win a few games to help prop our SOS... we will need it.

Enjoy it now cow. We saved your teams' season & your coaches career, with a bow on it. Oh yeah we did it for the sake of the XII too so win a few games to help prop our SOS... we will need it.
Well I wasn't gloating and I have not been at OB. We have had a tough season and this is a tough loss for u guys. Hell...we could lose out but I think what is really shows is that we are both losing out on some quality big body recruits. This game has always been weird and no more so than today.

Spot on (Brian right, I lost the post-it).. Both our lines lost the battle all day. Plus it has the stench of iowa on it on both teams which I guess is on me, I'm sad to say.
That's the way I saw it myself. The final sack on Mayfield. Texas rushes 3 and 5 OU lineman can't protect Baker.
Texas kicked OU's butt at the LOS for 4 quarters. Riley doesn't have any magic tricks to pull. Total team loss today, no excuses give Texas credit.

I texted my buddy at half and told him it was over. It REEKED of no preparation.

OU was not ready to play on either side and our line is wholesale bad. Bob let Brent go for this crap?

Blood is truly thicker.

Anybody who thinks Norvell called a great games is nuts. It was simple sandlot football and Heard beat OU. The OU D got beat up front and couldn't get off the field when needed.

Really?? Did you not see where Norvell apparently said the original gameplan was to throw the ball much more, but when Norvell saw how soft OU was up the middle they ditched the gameplan and made the decision to pound away. Sorry, but that's a pretty big decision for Norvell to make that call, and it ended up working perfectly. So yes...Norvell called a great game to make that adjustment early in the game.

Really?? Did you not see where Norvell apparently said the original gameplan was to throw the ball much more, but when Norvell saw how soft OU was up the middle they ditched the gameplan and made the decision to pound away. Sorry, but that's a pretty big decision for Norvell to make that call, and it ended up working perfectly. So yes...Norvell called a great game to make that adjustment early in the game.
Texas hasn't thrown the ball much at all this year. You don't watch football Holmes. Let's see how much Norvell throws the rest of the year lol

Texas hasn't thrown the ball much at all this year. You don't watch football Holmes. Let's see how much Norvell throws the rest of the year lol

This is funny coming from a guy who asked Plaino if he had been drinking when he said this would be a competitive game.

And go ahead and call Mike Stoops "holmes" as well since he never made adjustments to counter Texas running the ball and was clearly scheming all game for Texas to put the back ball in the air. So I wonder if Mike watches much football.....

This is funny coming from a guy who asked Plaino if he had been drinking when he said this would be a competitive game.

And go ahead and call Mike Stoops "holmes" as well since he never made adjustments to counter Texas running the ball and was clearly scheming all game for Texas to put the back ball in the air. So I wonder if Mike watches much football.....
I agree it was not a good defensive game plan but the OU/Texas game is much bigger to Texas now since Tcu and Baylor are the standard now. This was the bowl game for Texas. I am interested to see how both teams play the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT