ADVERTISEMENT

JA Time

loopafied68

Sooner commitment
Nov 22, 2021
I know it's only August but I just got to say it. It's Arnold's time to be OU's next Heisman winner. There are a bunch of reasons to be really optimistic about this coming season, but this is tops for me. Arnold has a cannon for a arm and is a very accurate passer. Can't wait till it all comes to fruition.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawrencesooner
Arnold will be as good as the offensive line will let him.
We will be as good as Jackson Arnold is which is an unknown at this point.
I am keeping receipts on all those that wanted DG gone if Arnold is not ready. Wish he had gotten a season under his belt as a starter before the SEC rolled around but the timing just wasn't right. He will have to grow up a lot this season and it may be too much too young too fast. We will see.

The game will need to slow down for him. Getting all spring and summer with the 1's, should help but practice with a Blue Jersey is nothing like game time. He has the skill set, now he needs the time.

Playing Tennessee in Norman is a plus but playing Auburn away the next week will be a real test for Arnold. In other words, the first 5 games will test Jackson and we should have a better idea what he’s capable of for the rest of the year.

Yes Plaino, there will. In the wake of DG, some folks think less of JA. Those people in particular, will be pleasantly surprised!
I don't think people think less of JA its just not yet known what he will do, with DG you knew what he was.
Its a Season of a lot of unknowns right now, O Line, Co OC's, new DC not to mention a New Conference where we will have a huge Bullseye on our backs. All the SEC teams we play this season will want to give us a nice warm welcome into the league.
I hope they all show out this Season and kick some tail. 😄

It may be J.A. time, but he had a bad scrimmage where we heard the results today. Three, turnovers. A fumble, and pick six, and another pick after a batted ball. The new OL is going to be challenged by the complexity of OUr defense. We may be great defensively. Their scrimmage was great. But it may just be that OUr offense isn't very good. At least not yet. Trust in Bedenbaugh, but they have more than a little ways to go.

Reactions: lawrencesooner
It may be J.A. time, but he had a bad scrimmage where we heard the results today. Three, turnovers. A fumble, and pick six, and another pick after a batted ball. The new OL is going to be challenged by the complexity of OUr defense. We may be great defensively. Their scrimmage was great. But it may just be that OUr offense isn't very good. At least not yet. Trust in Bedenbaugh, but they have more than a little ways to go.
Don't sell yer farm just yet plaino.

J.A. wasn't that great in the second scrimmage either. Now the OLine wasn't great, including a freshman with the first team at center. But these same issues will be part of the season. He can't be effective, dealing with a pass rush that won't give him time to throw, like we dealt with against Arizona in his first start. But do we really think that the pass rushers in the SEC are going to be less effective?

So far, OUr defense is making the offense look bad. First scrimmage deplorable. Second scrimmage, just poor offense. I absolutely beleive that Bedenbaugh knows how to get the OLine fixed. Do we truly have the quality bodies to make that happen? There seems to be some question about that.

We can all say we believe in Bedenbaugh and all that crap but it really means nothing. No longer do we have guys like Brown, Creed etc. We are pretty much just trying to fill in spots and hoping it isn’t terrible. Now the freshman have a lot of potential but gonna be hard for those guys to break into the rotation. As for Arnold I have to admit I’m a little nervous. Up until this point all we know is he has a strong arm and good legs and that he was a stud in high school

Yeah every year it seems our o-line is undetermined two, three, or more games into the season. I admittedly, know nothing on the position nor the dynamics of coaching the position. I don't know if we are an anomaly or if it is normal across the cfb landscape but it seems more than not we are questionable at the position early in the season. That said, we are replacing 4 starters so growing pains are going to be exacerbated.

Reactions: loopafied68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT