ADVERTISEMENT

Is it CRAZY to even be thinking about OU's possible bowl opponents

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
My good judgement says YES but I can't quit thinking that the Sooners look good enough against other B12 schools that Bob takes them to the Sugar Bowl. Hey, it can happen. How would a Tennessee - Oklahoma matchup sound. Is that even possible? I already know it's too early for this but I couldn't help myself.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
The teams I would like to see OU play would include Tennessee, Navy, rematch with Houston, Arkansas, Nebraska, BYU, Boise State, USC and Colorado. I haven't seen the bowl set ups, I'm just revealing what I think would be interesting match ups.

Reactions: iasooner1
CT, with a B12 title, which I really believe is very possible given how down the league is this year, wouldn't OU play a SEC school? Assuming Alabama is a playoff team wouldn't the SEC team representing the conference in the Sugar be the runner up that isn't in the playoffs? Most likely a SEC East school. Maybe I'm wrong but I think OU will play a SEC school unless OU losses two conference games. I don't see any of the other schools going undefeated in conference play. JMO.

CT, with a B12 title, which I really believe is very possible given how down the league is this year, wouldn't OU play a SEC school? Assuming Alabama is a playoff team wouldn't the SEC team representing the conference in the Sugar be the runner up that isn't in the playoffs? Most likely a SEC East school. Maybe I'm wrong but I think OU will play a SEC school unless OU losses two conference games. I don't see any of the other schools going undefeated in conference play. JMO.
It would appear that OU might play an SEC team. I'm only listing team I'd like to see OU play. Actually, I just want OU to play well and win out the rest of the way letting the postseason take care of itself.

Reactions: Oklabama
My good judgement says YES but I can't quit thinking that the Sooners look good enough against other B12 schools that Bob takes them to the Sugar Bowl. Hey, it can happen. How would a Tennessee - Oklahoma matchup sound. Is that even possible? I already know it's too early for this but I couldn't help myself.

I'm down for the College of Charleston. They've been dodging us for years.

Yes, it is crazy. OU isn't bowl eligible yet...

Aggies don't scare me at all average D at best and a qb that can't be trusted in a big game. Bama and LSU will expose TK big time

Texas just scored 40 points on us yesterday. 420+ yards. A&M wouldn't be a cake walk! But I like the matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT